Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 awd protege
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know where i can find one, or what kind of adapter i can use from another car

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
adaptor.. what the heck.. .no such thing exists. IF you need you can have custom fuel rails made.

·
Registered
1990 awd protege
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no im sorry i so specific i need an adapter for the fuel pressure regulator to run an external regulator like an aeromotive it goes where the stock FPR would be

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Just get a FPR that mounts to the firewall and run the hoses via that. Seriously there really isnt adaptors what you're asking for, either you have one made, make it yourself or figure out other options.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Just get a FPR that mounts to the firewall and run the hoses via that. Seriously there really isnt adaptors what you're asking for, either you have one made, make it yourself or figure out other options.

actually there are..... it's generally used to replace the factory regulator, which has a diaphram in it and bolts to the fuel rail.... using an aftermarket fpr with the stock one in place isn't a good idea.... because it won't work.

you can, however, modify the stock fpr to work as an 'adapter'.... pull the stock adapter off and drill a small (smaller than 1/2") hole right in the center.... you want to be able to pull the spring out from the regulator..... doing that allows the diaphram to move freely, and you now need an external regulator to keep the fuel pressure where you want it

·
Registered
852 Posts
There was some Tom's ones on ebay awhile back that were a direct bolt-on in place of factory on the rail, but were pricey. I would follow the above post good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts