Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of u guys out there know about the characteristics of the tranny that came on the 4age 20v engine?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Black or Silvertop? 5 or 6 speed? What sort of charecteristics? ratios?

·
Immortal
332 Posts
toylover said:
I've been told more than once that there isn't a 6 speed. Can anyone confirm that there is? Who makes it?
There is a 6 speed (LSD?) that came on the AE111 Levin. As for 5 speeds, I believe they had various gear set-ups and LSD, non-LSD and such for the various versions...

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
There is a six speed... I almost bought one. The only reason i didnt, is because they are rare as hens teeth, therefore the support for them would be worse than my current C52.

Both come with the option of LSD and non-LSD. From Memory, the C52's are LSD, the C54's are not and the C56 (6 speed) come without, but have the option of putting one in.

The six speed is also alot shorter ratio's than the 52 and 54, but doesnt have as good of a top speed. The 5 speeds on the other hand are too tall, except in 3rd, which is perfect. Strange really.

Although, they can still allow you to smoke a 2.4L I6 N/A Lancer :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
ye i have a Ae111 corolla that is 6 speed , i live in Barbados an i can get parts really easy , so im enjoying the car , the box is real smooth an not too far. and it also comes with a 1.5 LSD .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 20v silvertop. i'd like to find out if i can extract a reasonable amt of power from the engine using the tranny or if i'll HAVE TO but in the stick.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
the C52 that comes on most Silvertops can really pack a punch... Apparently they are good for 400hp+. Never seen this tested tho, and i will never have the chance, as mine, when done will have the All-Trac box in her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
do you guys know what your on about? The 6-speed is the C-160, not the C56, C56 is std 5-speed and the only other box is the C52. Thers no C54! The C52 never came with LSD, and the C-56/C-160 had optional LSD's. :bullshitz

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
^^ Like i said... it was from memory... so shoot me :rolleyes:

I could have sworn there was a C54, but i could be wrong.

And can you explain to me, why both my wheels spin if the C52 never came with an LSD?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts