Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watz the recommended exhaust piping size i should use for my stock standard Ae92 4AGZE? Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Someone mentioned 3".I think it's too big.Wat ya think? Howabout the muffler. Do i get a straight flow? or the S type? Thanks again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
2.5" i would say...... unless you're going for something higher than 15lbs.... i'm gonna be going with a 2.5" on the aw11

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
dude, don't forget we're talking about a forced induction engine.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen a couple of cars here using 2.2".any opinions on that?? howabout the muffler? s-flow? straight flow?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
2.25" is standard on the Silvertop, Blacktop and the newer GZE's i believe... go with anything between 2.5-3" if you want something bigger.

·
Immortal
332 Posts
With a forced induction motor... bigger is almost always better. Hell, if those little n/a Civics can run 3" exhausts... you can do the same...

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Go with a non-straight through muffler... the car is supercharged, wont have the quieting effect of the turbocharger, it'll be shitloud with a straight through.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
^^^

haha, man my mr2's gonna be just hella loud..... gonna have a good 2 feet (maybe) of exhaust before a straight through muffler.... lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi again,
I'm almost done with my conversion. I've check with an exhaust shop and he recommended 2 inch exhaust piping for my 4AGZE. He said i'll lose power if the exhaust is bigger than that..I'm confused..Please advise..:(

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
then go to an exhaust shop that knows what they are talking about

·
Registered
478 Posts
2.5" ID pipe diameter is the proper size for a modified 4AGZE.

HKS, Fujitsubo and other brands use this size piping for 4AGZE powered AE92 / AE101 / AW11's.

Anything bigger or smaller is a waste of your time and money.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for your reply.i guess guy didn't know wat he was talking,just wanted to make the sale..won't be going to exhaust shop..howabout the center piece..wat is recommended or shall i use none.

thanks guys..

·
Will Work For Boost
FX16 GTS
196 Posts
DerekDorifto said:
2.5" ID pipe diameter is the proper size for a modified 4AGZE.

HKS, Fujitsubo and other brands use this size piping for 4AGZE powered AE92 / AE101 / AW11's.

Anything bigger or smaller is a waste of your time and money.

Hope this helps!
Exactly.

2.5" is perfect for the 4AGZE. Those little pictures in my signature are from my 4AGZE swap into an AE82.

·
Registered
478 Posts
On my 88 MR2 SC I lost a little low end power when I got rid of my catalytic for a straight pipe, so I put it back on because I mostly do my driving on the local roads. But for high RPM driving on the highway it felt like the motor wanted to rev a lot more freely with the catalytic restriction gone. The way I can best explain it is, when you remove the cat it feels the same as when you first put on a performance exhaust.

2.5 is perfectly sized, my friend has that size HKS Hiper exhaust on his 4AGZE AE86 and I can't believe this exhaust was originally designed for NA application! It really suits the power of the 4AGZE nicely, his car is quick so yours must be insane RavenX!

That's a sweet looking hatchback too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts