Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey what's up?
i'm intrested in doing a 4agze swap into my ae92 gts and i've been trying to gather information for a while and haven't quite found what i'm looking for through search..
just a couple questions i have:
which gen of the gze will be best swap into my gts?
what extra parts am i gonna need? (ecu, injectors, etc.)
how much am i looking at spending... rough estimate in cdn funds lol
thanks for any advise in advance

noddygts

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
If you wanna do a straight up swap, then the 4AGZE from another AE92 would be your best bet. But the 4AGZE from an AE101 will also work and its got more HP but I'm not 100% sure as to which engine mounts will work better for this swap.

In both cases you're better off making sure your motor comes with the ECU and full harness, if you are missing the ECU you'll be having a nice time finding a replacement for it, same goes for the harness. At least if you're missing the harness you can always sit there and try to figure out each wire, but that's still a lot of work. If you're missing the ECU then there's no point in buying that motor really. :rolleyes:

Your best bet, find a decent shop that will do the swap.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
if you don't find an ecu... megasquirt.... and it won't be the crappy ecu that toyota uses.....

dyno proven, a completely stock 20V blacktop in a RWD setup put down 150 some-odd whp run off a megasquirt ecu.... the blacktop is rated like 165hp (170ps) at the crank...... that's only 15hp lost after drive-train loss and toyotas "upping" the figures loss.....

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
ok... i'll make a serious post. If you want simplicity and straight-bolt in affair, then get an ae92 half cut. Will make your life much easier, and tell them you want the hubs, axles, and intercooler as well. Body panels, you can live without.

Basically what you would want to do is swap out the lower front hubs so that the axles that come with the E series tranny will work. You want an ae92 half cut because there are a few sensors on the ae101 gze's that won't work with your gauges w/o swapping parts over (for instance, the ae101 uses an electronic signal for speedometer, ae92's are cable driven).

the gze should come with 365 injectors. You may want to upgrade your fuel pump. If you go through jarcoinc (higher prices, but i've heard they have higher quality parts as well) you generally get the fuel pump as well.

The hardest part of the swap (that is, if you get the 1/2 cut) might be wiring the body harness with the engine harness, however if the wiring is as simple as my mr2 it's only like 20 wires (oh darn.... i've done stereo's that are more complicated than that).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts