Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does ne know if i can get a 4agze that will bolt straight into my '88 corolla sedan? i cant seem to find 1 ne where, at the mo its got a standard carbd 1.6 but i wanna upgrade cos these damn familias round town are driving me nuts

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
4agze taz tuning.

Taz you have a 4agze for sale? does it come with everything that I would need. I would be installing it intoa a 1989 ae92(corolla gts)
What would the cost canadian be?

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Kaz's 4agze

Kaz let me know what you think a good price for the whole set would be.
I imagine the only differnce between the 4age and he 4agze wuold be the supercharger so I should be able to just drop it in wire it up and away I go.
How many miles on the engine and tranny anyways?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,674 Posts
Re: Kaz's 4agze

Snip3r said:
I imagine the only differnce between the 4age and he 4agze wuold be the supercharger so I should be able to just drop it in wire it up and away I go.
If it was that easy all of us AE92 guys would be driving around with 4AGZE powered cars. :rolleyes:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
it's not quite that easy... GZE's have forged internals.. so they can handle upto about 20psi apparently.. GE's can only handle around 8-10

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: Kaz's 4agze

Snip3r said:
Actually i am selling this in the buy/sell section in this forum. I am asking $1800cdn obo. And the engine has 70-80k km on it.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
thespud said:
can i have the s/c.. then all i need is a t/c and i got a twincharged 20v... my dream engine. :woot:
you might as well just get a gze... hate to burst your bubble... there's been talk that under forced induction the 5th valve might actually be harming the air flow (strangely enough)..... along with that, you would be tossing out the ITB setup (& why would you do that???) that the 20V uses, then would need an adapter to mate the s/c to the head... not cheap.... and the 20V can handle less boost (stock internally) than a 16V...

and after all that trouble... you might as well just get an sc14 from a prius instead of the sc12 from the gze.... the sc12's tend to burn out

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
toyotaspeed90 said:
you might as well just get a gze... hate to burst your bubble... there's been talk that under forced induction the 5th valve might actually be harming the air flow (strangely enough)..... along with that, you would be tossing out the ITB setup (& why would you do that???) that the 20V uses, then would need an adapter to mate the s/c to the head... not cheap.... and the 20V can handle less boost (stock internally) than a 16V...

and after all that trouble... you might as well just get an sc14 from a prius instead of the sc12 from the gze.... the sc12's tend to burn out
Admitedly, the 5th valve is probably not ideal for forced induction, but it does help a little as it is on the intake side... if it were on the exaust side it would be different. Secondly, i wouldn't be removing the ITB's, rather, just adding the induction onto it using a similar setup to the drag cars. Expenses are not an issue, when i have money... i will do it. And the Internals will not be stock.. I'ts more just a question of individuality.. And no... i probably wont be using a Toyota Supercharger.

*edit* I know it will be a struggle, but i'm willing to tackle it. I know all the merchanical (and Electrical) hurdles, and i have done my reasearch..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.