Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was going through my local scrap yard today getting longer wheel studs for my corolla from a 1990 4cyl 4x4 4runner and realized it had manual locking hubs. Now I have a 1994 v6 4x4 pick-up with out manual hubs and was wondering if the whole set-up will bolt-on.

I did remove the hubs from the 4runner and have them but I noticed that the 4runner uses two locking nuts on the spindle to set bearing preload with a clip in between them to act as a lock around one, my pick-up (as I remember from the last time I had it apart for brakes) uses only one?

Is this possible? What should I grab from the 4runner for this conversion if it does swap over?

And I did search but found nothing on the topic.

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
If they are aisin manual hubs yes. They are a direct bolt in to replace your A.D.D. drive flanges.

Grab the hubs and the hardware that bolts the hub dial to the hub, and the hub to the truck. Thats it.

All 86-95 IFS aisin hubs are exactly the same..

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I don't have to worry about the nut setup thats holds the rotor in place? As I tried to explain above they looked different.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
... I noticed that the 4runner uses two locking nuts on the spindle to set bearing preload with a clip in between them to act as a lock around one,
Is this possible? .
That is the proper set-up, period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts