Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1989 ROLLA
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im thinking of doing a 4e-fte swap into a 1993 tercel, I already tracked down the engine with ecu and a car.

The engine has cut harness but the guy says you can use a 1993 tercel harness from the stock engine to replace the one for the 4e-fte harness so is this true? Also what mods do I need to do to the chassis/engine or everything will be a easy drop in? (just tranny, engine mounts, axles, power steering and/or A/C) :confused:

If not then what year/model tercel I need to find for the easiest and cheapest swap I can do at home?

I need much help as possible, pictures can help too. Thanks

G

·
As far as I've read, both harnesses need to be intact or a custom harness will need to be made. There are a couple guys out there that can build you a harness for the 4E-FTE swap. GT_Revva is one but I don't know how you can contact him.:confused: Sorry. DrTweak at Phoenix Tuning is another. As for fitment, the motor mounts will match up. No customs mounts or axles are needed. Custom exhaust is necessary.

·
Registered
1989 ROLLA
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the shifter links, power steering, and radiator piping? The harness part im going to have to send to gt_revva for sure unless i can find a very good diagram and do the harness my self after i swap everything over.

·
Registered
1989 ROLLA
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I looked at them and its just people talking about random different engine swaps, I really want a straight through answers before I start this project because I really need something to work on through the winter or at least know what to do instead of diving in and then get stuck later on thinking what to do.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
You looked at the wrong sticky. In the DIY sticky I have a diagram that I made for the 4efte I put in my 93 Tercel. Have fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4efte revisited

I am a newbie so please excuse the ignorance. I currently own four vehicles so im somewhat addicted this is my first YOTA!! 88 tercel ez 4spd manual.
From what i have read i am a lucky one but i still want more power. My 3e seems to be fine i ran a couple of bottles of sea foam threw it when i got it and it takes a pint of oil every tank of gas but i get approx 350miles to a tank. i want to know if a 4efte swap in this unit would be pretty simple and straightforward. i payed 500 for the car with 110k on it so i dont mind putting a little money in it since non of my other rides are fuel efficient. also would this wreck the economy on the tercel, which would cause me to just leave it alone. or if u pro's have any other suggestions for increased power other than an engine swap. im not looking to do any drag racing just a little better response and a little less lag when i punch the accelorator.
Thanks For Any Advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts