Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say if i got a 4efte JDM and got a shop to install it for me without changing any settings does it still need to be tuned? And how fast is a stock setting turbo for 4efte in a paseo?

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
kinda, it needs to be setup so it doesn't overboost ans fuel cut, go to fast and fuel cut, or over rev and you guessed it, fuel cut.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinda, it needs to be setup so it doesn't overboost ans fuel cut, go to fast and fuel cut, or over rev and you guessed it, fuel cut.
how exactly does setting up it work? would your average shop know how to do it? or d oyou haev to take it somewhere else

also what would be the hp for the stock settings

·
Registered
9 Posts
how exactly does setting up it work? would your average shop know how to do it? or d oyou haev to take it somewhere else

also what would be the hp for the stock settings

Hey am new to the site........any way if u got the stock 4e-fte ECU it wont be a problem..........Stock 4efte engine puts out 135bhp at 7psi....the most u can get safely out of a CT9 turbo(stock) is 12psi......
:thumbsup:

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
Hey am new to the site........any way if u got the stock 4e-fte ECU it wont be a problem..........Stock 4efte engine puts out 135bhp at 7psi....the most u can get safely out of a CT9 turbo(stock) is 12psi......
:thumbsup:
Not exactly, the stock high boost setting is 9psi for the 135hp. People have run ct9's at 15psi but it gets out of breath beyond that. The stock ecu cuts fuel at 13psi but has improper settings for anything over 9psi(gets rich and smokes black). A piggyback ecu will take care of this, or a correct sized exhaust system. I personally haven't had a boost controller to operate the stock waste gate as it should and even if I tie it wide open it STILL over boosts in 2nd and third gear with my 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ohh.....i see one of my friends last Starlet GT..EP82 was piggy back to handle 15psi with a 2.5" exhaust......on stock internals...did 15.1 sec in a1/4mile...... as for mines alot of work been done......hopin to do 13 sec on pump gas

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
what would be the hp for the stock settings
This is what my 4E put down on low boost and small drinking straw exhaust.

And this is on high boost (9PSI)... still small exhaust and a slipping clutch:

Another graph coming as soon as I get the 3in done.

Jim`

1 - 7 of 7 Posts