Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought AJT Designs 5th Gen 4Runner Key Injection Fob from Longo Toyota Parts in El Monte. Currently, AJT Design website, Amazon and Ebay only sells ones that does not have TRD logo but I found some TRD logo Key Fobs at the dealer.

It was patient, detailed install job because if I mess it up, it will cost me couple hundred dollars to fix the issue. I took my time and finally installed it without any issues. 10 minutes total. I have made Youtube Video regarding this install. Enjoy and it is so worth the money and effort because this key fob is high quality. Thank you.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The AJT Design Key fob is little bit bigger but it is solid and feels nice everytime you use it.

It's hard to get the key fob with TRD logo on it. I found it on Longo Toyota.
I think the owner of AJT Designs does not sell TRD logo ones anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Nice mod.

One of the things that has always bothered me about modern vehicles is how they have attached the fob to the key, making the thing HUGE in the pocket and hanging on the dash.
Of course, it's not an issue with the smart key on the Corolla, but my wife's Rav4 has the fob that is even longer than the one this is a replacement for.

I like this part being included.
That allows you to cut and carry a valet key that has no remote fob, but retain all of your remote functions in this case.
To do that, you don't have to transplant the chip... only the remote electronics.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
cb91710
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing