Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 90 and a 91 4runner and both have the same issue of hard starting after sitting for about 20 minutes after normal driving. Of course, it wouldn't ever happen when I'd bring them somewhere to try to diagnose! Both have the V6 engines. Never had the check engine light come on either until recently. The engine will crank over great, but stutters and spits until eventually starting and will run rough for a few seconds while I work the gas pedal! I'm confident I am not the only one who has experienced this. I love these rusty old trucks! The 91 has had a Western 7.5' plow on it and has been taking care of my (and friends) driveways for years, and the 90 I bought as a dealer demo in April of that year. The problem has been ongoing for years, I've just learned to live with it.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Let me move your thread over to the 4Runner forum so the members there can help you out. Also, I highly recommend using that forum's search tool to find past threads regarding your hard start issue. Most often, issues like that have been covered before. Enjoy the forums, and I hope you find a resolution to your problem. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me move your thread over to the 4Runner forum so the members there can help you out. Also, I highly recommend using that forum's search tool to find past threads regarding your hard start issue. Most often, issues like that have been covered before. Enjoy the forums, and I hope you find a resolution to your problem. :thumbsup:

:welcome:
thanks! will do.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
4arms,

After you get it started and it is hot, shut it down and pull out the cold start fuel injector, crank the engine over and see if it is spraying fuel. If it is you are getting too much fuel when the engine is hot. If it does not spray fuel out then you have a different issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jetwhine
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing