Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 93 toyota 4runner v6 3.0 with auto transmission thats slipping. my buddy has a totaled 92 4runner with same motor... but theres two different trans options and we cant figure out which trans is in mine with the chilton manuel for some reason. was wondering if it mattered which one went into it or if those years all transmissions were universal and if i can do the swap. thanks for your help!

·
Soylent Green sales
12,801 Posts
First question would be both 2WD or 4WD?
Have to be the same.
Next, the trans code is at the bottom of the VIN tag, which is located on the drivers side door jamb. A letter and 3 numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both are 4wd. both are automatic. mine is a 93 and his is a 92. we tried using the chilton manuel... but the vin didnt seem to match up so we couldnt figure out which tranny was in which

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just used a VIN decoder... apparently the tranny info isnt ALWAYS located in the VIN... such is the case here. So I guess i just need the word of an experience toyo tech to verify that the 92 tranny will go into the 93....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
4runnerjunki3
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing