Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--I have a '91 4Runner (100k), that runs great but has a very quirky problem. It only happens under these circumstances: I drive for a while until the engine is warm (more than about thirty minutes or so), and then turn off the engine. If I re-start it right away, it will start no problem. But, if I let it sit for about thirty minutes or so it won't start. All the electric works (lights, radio etc), but nothing happens when I turn the key--there's no sound from the starter like it's trying to turn over, although there is occasionally three or four clicks, but not loud. Then, if I wait about 15 minutes (usually when I'm on the phone with AAA), it will start with no problem, as if nothing had happened, and will start and run consistently until the next time I try and start it under the same circumstances--a warm engine that's been sitting for 20-30 minutes. I've taken it to a handful of garages, including a Toyota dealer, and they have replaced the battery, the solonoid, the battery cables, and the starter twice. Nothing has affected the problem in any way. Any ideas? It's making me crazy...

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts