Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search, i couldnt find anything.

will a tranny from a camry V6 Bolt to an ES250? i would assume it would since, mechaincally, they are alomst identical.

the reason i ask is:

-1990 Camry V6 Automatic Transaxle: $2,393.89 (these are just he transaxles, not the cars)
-1990 lexus es250 automatic transaxle: $2,553.11

ill probably end up going used. but i basically just want to know if they are the same.:confused:

i can feel a little (VERY LITTLE) bit of slip between 3-5mph. the tranny stumbles over itself and doesnt know what gear to put itself in for a second. it seems to be only on deceleration.

also, there is a very high pitched whining noise coming from the car when its moving. kind of like an old car when you put it in reverse, but mine does it in forward motion whether the tranny is in D or N.

what the heck can cause this. i dont really care, but if its doing damage, i want to fix it. i have a feelingit has something to do with the gears and bands not getting enough fluid, but i dont know for sure.

thoughts?

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
Join the club, join the club.... Same transaxle. The transmission is the same in both cars, A540. However that price seems a bit steep, $1200 to $1500 is what I've been quoted for a rebuild w/warranty.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats for the whole trans NEW at discounttoyotaparts.com.

i will look into a rebuild for that price, i can afford that.

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts