Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**EDIT**

Went down and test drove the Hybrid today. I LOVE this car!!! Sat down for a few moments to iron out the details and brought my wife's Christmas present home. I got the Attitude Black w/Gray interior, Tech PKG, Floor Mats. I didn't want to wait for the Blizzard Pearl to come in. I have to tell you that this black is GORGEOUS!!!

YEAH BABY!!!

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
If anybody can tell me how to upload pics directly from my iPhone to ToyotaNation I would post up my pics as well. My sentiments on this car mirror yours.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
I know how to do that stuff, but with my old phone I would send the pictures to my email and go from there, but it doesn't work using my iphone.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I went to an auto show a couple weeks ago and checked out both the 2013 limited and XLE touring.

I have to say the ugly front grill didn't look that ugly in person :)
Inside look and feel ok except all the chrome trims. It's going to have a lot of reflection in summer. Don't like the big no cover cup holder. The steering wheel and shift knob look and feel sporty.
Overall, it gives a different feel vs the current gen. I am sure some folks will like the new 2013 Avalon (my wife is one of them)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to an auto show a couple weeks ago and checked out both the 2013 limited and XLE touring.

I have to say the ugly front grill didn't look that ugly in person :)
Inside look and feel ok except all the chrome trims. It's going to have a lot of reflection in summer. Don't like the big no cover cup holder. The steering wheel and shift knob look and feel sporty.
Overall, it gives a different feel vs the current gen. I am sure some folks will like the new 2013 Avalon (my wife is one of them)
Many items are different than what the current Avalons are built with. Some people will like the changes, some won't. That's why we should be lucky that there are many different styles of autos out there to choose from. ;)

I agree, the grill looks Great in person. In fact, the entire car does!!!

·
2013 Tacoma
2010 Yaris 4-Door LB
612 Posts
Gorgeous car. I really like the front-end a great deal.

·
Registered
2016 Avalon LTD
641 Posts
Your Avalon looks Amazing!!!
Thanks. I'll be curious if I'm as happy in 6 months?

I only say that, because it's a bit smaller, and well, I'm use to larger cars. Heck yes, even my 2011 Avalon seem (and was bigger).

Again, I have several trips planned for the first of the year (Maine to Florida longest one - then 2 to Vermont, and 2 to NH for starters). This should give me plenty of time behind the wheel to know if I made the right decision.

I always goes thru this when I purchase a new car:) You'd think after 30+ cars, I'd get past this, but nope, I always doubt myself.

I will say this, IF I don't like it, and IF I get something else, I'll likely get a nice used LS 460 L and get it out of my system (Yes I've wanted to get one of those for a LONG time now)

Skip

·
Registered
2016 Avalon LTD
641 Posts
And yes, IF I do get a LS, I'll still have doubts:)

- Should I have done this?
- It's used?
- It's going to cost a ton to maintain!
- It needs Supper Gas, which is more money!

- It is nice a nd big and comfortable.

- It cost more for the insurance

trust me, I'll be able to beat myself up over this car and or whichever car I buy, unless I purchase it with Lottery Winnings, then I MIGHT be less hard on myself:)

Skip

PS EVERYONE who has driven or been in my New Avalon for a ride / drive -LOVES it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Congrats on your new purchase. I think the car looks great! Nice close up shots of the interior -- can see a lot of the detail.

Please keep us updated us on how you like (or don't like) the car. Hopefully you'll have a good experience.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the pics! Congrats on your new purchase. I think the car looks great! Nice close up shots of the interior -- can see a lot of the detail.

Please keep us updated us on how you like (or don't like) the car. Hopefully you'll have a good experience.
I will post mine up as soon as my Avalon arrives. :hi:

·
Registered
2016 Avalon LTD
641 Posts
Wow, nice looking car … who's is it?

Wow, weird. A man and women just came in our offices / showroom and ask who owned the new avalon outside (Parking is such that most people are parked in front of their offices and that's why they came in), anyways, I said it was mine, and they said "Wow, great looking car", "I'll bet your real happy"!

Skip

:)

1 - 20 of 413 Posts