Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a scan gauge(s) to monitor various items in my (new to me) 2016 Hybrid. It appears that the rear motor engages at every start from a stop position and quickly cuts out at around 15mph during my light foot driving. I have not really tested this on the interstate or at high speeds. My previous hybrid vehicle (non-Toyota) had a 4wd setup and also engaged the rear wheels at every start from stop and also when one pressed on the gas pedal at any speed. Need more time driving the vehicle to figure out about how much torque is needed at various speeds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have not seen the rear wheel develop torque when accelerating from anything but a stop. This is true for the those slow rolling stops we sometimes do.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Screen display shows rear drive engaged momentary on every stopped start.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, rear electric motor engages every time (even in sunny dry weather) from a stop, peaking at 10 mph and quickly disengaging by 15 mph. I have not seen it engage at high speeds (highway) yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The screen display, does it show a front and separate rear drive engagement? I see one wheel, not two.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seen 83 ft lbs of torque for the rear motor. Finally got the rear motor to engage beyond 15 mph by "flooring" it on a 9% uphill. Engaged for a brief time frame and as soon as I de-pressured the gas pedal, the rear motor disengaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts