Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These solenoids are very expensive new...I read that a Dorman 911-602 Solenoid will work if you shave the notch off of plug, and is a lot less expensive. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? Having trouble finding a used one...If anyone has a direct link for a used one, please let me know....thanks (I did switch the vacuum hoses to get 4WD for now, but I need to fix it right)..

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,580 Posts
Do you have a few piccies of the solenoid you have now? Could you post them so I can see it as a reference? ;)

Dorman 911-602 on Amazon fer about $41 plus tax. ;)
Dorman- 911-602 Vacuum Switching Valve / Solenoid / Vsv

Toyota 90910-12271 (looks very similar) going fer about $44 on Amazon. I think the index tab on top may be the same as the Dorman model? ;)

These both look like they might work on my charcoal canister. I'll have to snap a few piccies and compare them. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,580 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ive bought the 4x4 VSV off ebay for 30$ for the pair. Tested and worked.
If this is the part we are talking about, they are easy to test. Just apply 12 volts and you should hear them click. I say that only because i didnt realize my problem lies elsewhere and i could have saved myself 30 bucks.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,580 Posts
But i do have a question. How interchangable would the 4x4 vsv be with evap vsv?
Without a piccie to compare them against, it would be difficult fer me to say. ;)

If someone had a bad evap valve they could tear apart and see what the sealing component was compared to the 4WD VSV sealing component, it would really help to see if they were interchangeable. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts