Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the wagons
and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?



--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mama Bear <[email protected]> wrote :

> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>
>
>


I'm thinking of this in terms of my deliveries. If I had a reliable 4WD I
could deliver things in snow, that other people couldn't.

You know those old commercials where they showed a pickup driving over
railroad ties with a glass of water on the dash? Does that require a
special suspension? That's the kind of thing I'd need, to be able to do
deliveries over snowy streets, without getting my guts rattled loose.



--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:12:27 -0600, Mama Bear wrote:

> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the wagons
> and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?



Toyota Matrix, a Corolla wagon.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Mark A" <[email protected]> wrote :

> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>> --
>> - Mama Bear

>
> You can check out the Toyota website for their model line-up.


I don't know the first thing about new cars. We're still driving the 93
Corolla. :)

Do they have 4WD cars or just SUV's for example?

Anything 4WD for under $20k new?

We'd probably look for something 3 yrs old anyway, with low mileage, to
save money that way.

--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= <[email protected]>
wrote :

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:12:27 -0600, Mama Bear wrote:
>
>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?

>
>
> Toyota Matrix, a Corolla wagon.
>


They have a 4WD Corolla wagon?! :)))))



--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the wagons
> and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>
>
>
> --
> - Mama Bear


Try looking for something like a Caldina, it started out as a 4WD wagon
version of the carona in 1997 and they still make it.

It comes with varous motors from 1.6L 4cyl to 2L diesel to 2L turbo out of
the GT4/All Trac.

As far as i'm aware the are still being made.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not in north america! lol. we get petrol guzzlers who are FWD.
with the exception of VW's and a few benz's the only diesel options are
huge 6litre i6 engines or 7.3l v8's.
Nicholas Bourne wrote:
> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the wagons
> > and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > - Mama Bear

>
> Try looking for something like a Caldina, it started out as a 4WD wagon
> version of the carona in 1997 and they still make it.
>
> It comes with varous motors from 1.6L 4cyl to 2L diesel to 2L turbo out of
> the GT4/All Trac.
>
> As far as i'm aware the are still being made.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have given up on what car is in what market, I just work off what we can
get in OZ, and 90% of our cars come from somewhere else and are called
something else over there.

Sorry if I lead anyone up the wrong path.

"Pop-N-Fresh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> not in north america! lol. we get petrol guzzlers who are FWD.
> with the exception of VW's and a few benz's the only diesel options are
> huge 6litre i6 engines or 7.3l v8's.
> Nicholas Bourne wrote:
>> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>> > wagons
>> > and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > - Mama Bear

>>
>> Try looking for something like a Caldina, it started out as a 4WD wagon
>> version of the carona in 1997 and they still make it.
>>
>> It comes with varous motors from 1.6L 4cyl to 2L diesel to 2L turbo out
>> of
>> the GT4/All Trac.
>>
>> As far as i'm aware the are still being made.

>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:43:15 +1000, Nicholas Bourne wrote:

> I have given up on what car is in what market, I just work off what we can
> get in OZ, and 90% of our cars come from somewhere else and are called
> something else over there.
>
> Sorry if I lead anyone up the wrong path.


It's OK. It's too bad we DON'T get the Caldina here!

You guys get a LOT more of Japan's output there than we get here.
Unfortunately...


>
> "Pop-N-Fresh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> not in north america! lol. we get petrol guzzlers who are FWD. with the
>> exception of VW's and a few benz's the only diesel options are huge
>> 6litre i6 engines or 7.3l v8's.
>> Nicholas Bourne wrote:
>>> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>> > Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>>> > wagons
>>> > and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > --
>>> > - Mama Bear
>>>
>>> Try looking for something like a Caldina, it started out as a 4WD wagon
>>> version of the carona in 1997 and they still make it.
>>>
>>> It comes with varous motors from 1.6L 4cyl to 2L diesel to 2L turbo out
>>> of
>>> the GT4/All Trac.
>>>
>>> As far as i'm aware the are still being made.

>>
>>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hachi i know youll get a kick outta this since youre a supra fan, i
went to walmart and was lookin at a remote control car for my lil
cousin and some brand... cant remember had the new charger a mitsu
eclipse and a supra... kinda funny that theyre coming out with a supra
toy with toyota having stopped production in late 97 early 98
Hachiroku ��ロク wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:43:15 +1000, Nicholas Bourne wrote:
>
> > I have given up on what car is in what market, I just work off what we can
> > get in OZ, and 90% of our cars come from somewhere else and are called
> > something else over there.
> >
> > Sorry if I lead anyone up the wrong path.

>
> It's OK. It's too bad we DON'T get the Caldina here!
>
> You guys get a LOT more of Japan's output there than we get here.
> Unfortunately...
>
>
> >
> > "Pop-N-Fresh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> not in north america! lol. we get petrol guzzlers who are FWD. with the
> >> exception of VW's and a few benz's the only diesel options are huge
> >> 6litre i6 engines or 7.3l v8's.
> >> Nicholas Bourne wrote:
> >>> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>> news:[email protected]
> >>> > Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
> >>> > wagons
> >>> > and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
> >>> >
> >>> >
> >>> >
> >>> > --
> >>> > - Mama Bear
> >>>
> >>> Try looking for something like a Caldina, it started out as a 4WD wagon
> >>> version of the carona in 1997 and they still make it.
> >>>
> >>> It comes with varous motors from 1.6L 4cyl to 2L diesel to 2L turbo out
> >>> of
> >>> the GT4/All Trac.
> >>>
> >>> As far as i'm aware the are still being made.
> >>
> >>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good

David

Mama Bear wrote:

> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the wagons
> and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>
> --
> - Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quietguy <[email protected]> wrote
:

> Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good
>
> David
>
> Mama Bear wrote:
>
>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>>
>> --
>> - Mama Bear

>
>


All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, I don't see anything like the
Corolla wagon in 4WD under cars. In fact I don't see Corolla wagons at
all, at their site. Don't they make them anymore?

I bet I could still get some money for this '93, it's sweet.


--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In article <[email protected]>
[email protected] "Mama Bear" writes:

> quietguy <[email protected]>
> wrote :
>
> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, [...]


Coming a bit late to the feast, as I don't really follow this 4WD
game, but isn't the Lexus (a Toyota, after all) R330 a 4WD? (And
a hybrid to boot, yay!) Or is that a tad glamorous for the job?
--
Andrew Stephenson
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> quietguy <[email protected]> wrote
> :
>
>> Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good
>>
>> David
>>
>> Mama Bear wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>>> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>>>
>>> --
>>> - Mama Bear

>>
>>

>
> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, I don't see anything like the
> Corolla wagon in 4WD under cars. In fact I don't see Corolla wagons at
> all, at their site. Don't they make them anymore?
>
> I bet I could still get some money for this '93, it's sweet.
>
>
> --
> - Mama Bear


If you are in the U.S., go to www.toyota.com and look at the Matrix under
cars. The Matrix is available in AWD, (all wheel drive) which is full-time
four wheel drive.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[email protected] (Andrew Stephenson) wrote :

> In article <[email protected]>
> [email protected] "Mama Bear" writes:
>
>> quietguy <[email protected]>
>> wrote :
>>
>> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, [...]

>
> Coming a bit late to the feast, as I don't really follow this 4WD
> game, but isn't the Lexus (a Toyota, after all) R330 a 4WD? (And
> a hybrid to boot, yay!) Or is that a tad glamorous for the job?


A tad expensive?



--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote :

>
> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> quietguy <[email protected]>
>> wrote
>> :
>>
>>> Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>>> Mama Bear wrote:
>>>
>>>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>>>> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> - Mama Bear
>>>
>>>

>>
>> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, I don't see anything like the
>> Corolla wagon in 4WD under cars. In fact I don't see Corolla wagons
>> at all, at their site. Don't they make them anymore?
>>
>> I bet I could still get some money for this '93, it's sweet.
>>
>>
>> --
>> - Mama Bear

>
> If you are in the U.S., go to www.toyota.com and look at the Matrix
> under cars. The Matrix is available in AWD, (all wheel drive) which
> is full-time four wheel drive.



Does that greatly reduce the gas mileage?

I don't see it under options though.

--
- Mama Bear
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote :
>
>>
>> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> quietguy <[email protected]>
>>> wrote
>>> :
>>>
>>>> Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good
>>>>
>>>> David
>>>>
>>>> Mama Bear wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the
>>>>> wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> - Mama Bear
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, I don't see anything like the
>>> Corolla wagon in 4WD under cars. In fact I don't see Corolla wagons
>>> at all, at their site. Don't they make them anymore?
>>>
>>> I bet I could still get some money for this '93, it's sweet.
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> - Mama Bear

>>
>> If you are in the U.S., go to www.toyota.com and look at the Matrix
>> under cars. The Matrix is available in AWD, (all wheel drive) which
>> is full-time four wheel drive.

>
>
> Does that greatly reduce the gas mileage?
>
> I don't see it under options though.
>
> --
> - Mama Bear


Hmmm... It looks like AWD is discontinued in the Matrix for 2007.

If you look at Edmunds.com and research used cars, an AWD Matrix is
available for 2006 model year and earlier. According to the EPA fuel
mileage estimates, the AWD version gets 2 MPG less in the city, 3 MPG less
on the highway, 3 MPG less combined.

FWD with automatic transmission 28 city, 34 hwy, 31 combined EPA
AWD with automatic transmission 26 city, 31 hwy, 28 combined.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but the relative difference between the
FWD and AWD Matrix should be about right.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In article <[email protected]>
[email protected] "Mama Bear" writes:

> [email protected] (Andrew Stephenson) wrote :
>
> > In article <[email protected]>
> > [email protected] "Mama Bear" writes:
> >
> >> quietguy <[email protected]>
> >> wrote :
> >>
> >> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, [...]

> >
> > Coming a bit late to the feast, as I don't really follow this 4WD
> > game, but isn't the Lexus (a Toyota, after all) R330 a 4WD? (And
> > a hybrid to boot, yay!) Or is that a tad glamorous for the job?

>
> A tad expensive?


That is your choice. Look at it this way: as you calmly cruise
your vast estates, asserting your natural supremacy over docile
yet industrious peasantry, favouring them with languid waves of
one neatly gloved hand (for which they are profoundly grateful,
bowing and grovelling busily in reply), you can enjoy the solid
satisfaction of knowing you are encouraging quality workmanship
in many ways. Well tended lands and an immaculate Lexus say so
much about one, don't you think? Not expense but statement.
--
Andrew Stephenson
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote :

>
> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote :
>>
>>>
>>> "Mama Bear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>>> quietguy <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote
>>>> :
>>>>
>>>>> Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good
>>>>>
>>>>> David
>>>>>
>>>>> Mama Bear wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like
>>>>>> the wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> - Mama Bear
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, I don't see anything like the
>>>> Corolla wagon in 4WD under cars. In fact I don't see Corolla
>>>> wagons at all, at their site. Don't they make them anymore?
>>>>
>>>> I bet I could still get some money for this '93, it's sweet.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> - Mama Bear
>>>
>>> If you are in the U.S., go to www.toyota.com and look at the Matrix
>>> under cars. The Matrix is available in AWD, (all wheel drive)
>>> which is full-time four wheel drive.

>>
>>
>> Does that greatly reduce the gas mileage?
>>
>> I don't see it under options though.
>>
>> --
>> - Mama Bear

>
> Hmmm... It looks like AWD is discontinued in the Matrix for 2007.
>
> If you look at Edmunds.com and research used cars, an AWD Matrix is
> available for 2006 model year and earlier. According to the EPA
> fuel mileage estimates, the AWD version gets 2 MPG less in the city,
> 3 MPG less on the highway, 3 MPG less combined.
>
> FWD with automatic transmission 28 city, 34 hwy, 31 combined EPA
> AWD with automatic transmission 26 city, 31 hwy, 28 combined.
>
> Of course, your mileage may vary, but the relative difference between
> the FWD and AWD Matrix should be about right.



We wouldn't be able to afford a new car anyway, more likely a 2003.


--
- Mama Bear
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top