Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at 30 miles an hour and above I pick up this vibration. I checked the universals and all looks fine. Works great in 2x2. It has the 3" lift and 33" tires. Any ideas or any way to pinpoint this problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you drive it with the hubs locked and the transfer case in 2wd and get to 30 mph and it vibrates it will mostly be a hub OR if you unlock the hubs and put the transfercase in 4wd high and get to 30mph and get the vib it mostly will be your front drive shaft. Just trying to icealate hub or shaft. The hubs will turn when the hubs or locked they will not turn when they are not locked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only vibs when the hubs are locked in. There is very little play in the C-V joints, just a slight click when you try to move them by hand. Both sides seem to have the same sliight play. Is there any clearence all or tolerance allowed in the C-V joint? Thanks for you replies!

·
Registered
406 Posts
mine does this too when its in 4x4 and hubs locked. Its just barely noticeable though. Im guessing its jsut a natural occurance with the added resistance on the truck while in 4WD. JMO

-Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.