1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to know if anyone knows how to convert a Tercel into 5 lugs.:confused:
Perhaps maybe from another toyota,:cool:
or even another car brand.:rolleyes:
I'm open for ideas that may lead to a swap.;)

I want to do this because I want be able to try one of these toyota factory rims. (Example the scion tc 5 lug 17 inch rims) :thumbsup:
I seems toyota is making 16 and 17 inch factory rims that are only 5 lugs:disappoin

I have found these spacers online that convert 4 lugs into 5 lugs, but I feel this method is not 100% safe.:ugh3:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
trd yaris rims

:whatwhat:
Why not just get some TRD rims for a Yaris? They are bigger and will bolt up with no problem.

19 inch trd rims for yaris are look great,:cool:
but a little tight on paseo and tercel.:eek:

maybe some 17 inch, 4 lug trd rims.:whatwhat:

I'm still willing to do the 5 lugs on tercel if anyone can share any ideas.:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why are you stuck on 17's? They will ride like a stagecoach due to the lower profile tire you'll have to run. 16's would look and ride better IMO, probably handle better too. If you just want the big-wheel look though, then go for it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well then I suppose that no one can come up with 5 Lugs on a Tercel.:disappoin
But the others were really great ideas.:thumbsup:
I should be looking foward to them.:D

Someone had metioned a machine shop.:confused:

But another source told me not to do it, because a company did it for a while and 4 customers wheels had come apart from the vehicle while it was in motion.:ugh3:

THE HORROR!!!:eek:

If I find an effective, and safe way to do five lugs, (such as a swap) I will post it.;)

I get the feeling I will take the good advice.:)
Questions, Comments or If you just wanna add something, I will reply.:cool:
I think I will be moving forward on starlet 4 lug rear disc brakes.:thumbsup:
Its gotta be safer than 5 machined lugs.:whatwhat:

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
A flange with 5 holes is better than 4 yes. A flange with 8 holes in it using 5 is compromised. GT_REVVA built dragonfly and I'm not sure what method he used. He's very experienced with custom work and fabrication.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If Tercel and Corolla share the same platform; would a rear supension swap be possible?:whatthe:
Corolla 4 lug hubs can be easily swap into 5 lug hubs.:yawn:
I really haven't put this on paper.:blah:
Has anyone tried this before?:whatwhat:
think it could work?:worship:

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
Could work sure, bolt in, not. Keep in mind a Corolla is several inches wider than a Tercel. 1 person has made an IRS rear suspension setup for a Tercel. This 1 person hasn't been heard from since the test drive. Try it if you want but carry a laptop so you can report from a hospital if it goes bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.