Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Germany,
I just got my 1st Previa, a 1995 MT 2WD with DIY Campervan interior. Love it.
127.000 mls on the clock.

Now I realize this is not a miata, but the gear stick play seems very much.
Is there anything I can swap out, maybe worn out ?
TIA
Rolf

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
584 Posts
Having a really hard time finding any parts for a Manual Transmission in that model.
Do you have a transmission code number that I or someone can use to help?

Normally with a manual transmission, there are "bushings" that you can replace to lose the "PLAY" in the shifter.

·
Registered
97 Previa DX AWD; 97 4Runner 5 spd
470 Posts
Having a really hard time finding any parts for a Manual Transmission in that model.
Do you have a transmission code number that I or someone can use to help?

Normally with a manual transmission, there are "bushings" that you can replace to lose the "PLAY" in the shifter.
What model are you searching on? According to Wikipedia (which has never been wrong, haha) manual transmissions were standard on European gas-powered models of the 2nd generation.

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
584 Posts
What model are you searching on? According to Wikipedia (which has never been wrong, haha) manual transmissions were standard on European gas-powered models of the 2nd generation.
Trying to find what engine and transmission code/model numbers he has?
I saw his location and the site I use does not let you input 95 Previa MT 2wd like a US site does or are many auto parts sites do.
I'm not going to research and find them for him, I'm already trying to help him out on the shifter slop. Not trying to be rude but he needs to give me the engine and transmission codes.

As I wrote 1995, so Gen 1. Its a Euro Spec vehicle, doesn't even have aircon. 97kw gas.
That doesn't help me. I need engine and transmission codes/model numbers. But I found some info for you working on it a bit more.

Font Map Parallel Auto part Schematic

I am thinking by the parts image shown you need to replace parts 33503F ( the actual shifter and ball end) and possibly 335567Shifter housing. At least the ball might be wearing down so much you are getting the "slop"

The EURO Spec sites only list like in the attachment. I's not like USA sites late just let you input YEAR MAKE MODEL.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
For too much play i used to fill up gaps with epoxy cement, then apply grease for long service time
Works fine till you get the original part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts