Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I know, lots of motor oil topics, but can’t find my answer.

Corolla is going in for service - specifically an oil change.

Is it beneficial to have these items done as well:

Premium Coolant Conditioner
Ultra Fuel System Treatment
Premium Oil Conditioner

Within last 2k miles, I’ve been driving pretty hard - once a week, that includes uphills, downhills, curves, hard acceleration etc.. for durations of an hour to two hours.

If these items are beneficial, should I just buy them separately and do it myself before taking it into the dealership?

I was also thinking of purchasing an engine oil system cleaner.

What are some product recommendations for these items?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Stock up on techron fst when theZone has their bogo deals
Although I found no difference whatsoever in my truck after using that stuff
Going to try the dealers fuel induction cleaning thing again for a feel good 2 me effect 🤠
And the truck usually only idles in the dunkinD busy drive thru

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Village Pointe Toyota trying to sell these to you?

Reactions: GaryQ

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Haha no… it was my reading and falling into the gimmick. I had to be assured so came here to get feedback.
That dealer definitely piqued my interest in the coolant conditioner!
Must protect the head gasket to save my engine you know!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Silly you! It to make your radiator fins come to life with more body and sheen ;)
That Canadian rustproofing/lubricant spray I got from Ontario definitely made the rubber/tar undercoating under the bed and cab develop more body and Sheen, it literally took 20 years off the truck underneath :D:LOL::ROFLMAO: light gray to gloss black
It stunned me!

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
1,140 Posts
Here we go again. Some peeps just love starting threads to send us off on a silly sidetrack off topic.

On a serious note @97tacomaHA ... What did you do with that undercoating? Just spray it over the crud or did you have to clean it down good first?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
This was sort of an additional treatment!
And it's on the 4th 55k service period @220k
I Just sprayed it over the top of the old old stuff and it turned soft and very black

·
Registered
'21 Corolla LE - Celestite (1K3) / Black (FB20)
350 Posts
I would let them do the BG EPR and MOA treatment around 50k/5yrs. The only reason why I say this is because the VVTI solenoids can get fouled. There is a very low chance of this if you have been changing your oil every 5k/6 mo with synthetic though.

It is definitely not necessary and if you don't do it, you won't have any issues probably ever as long as you have been maintaining the vehicle to specification.

If you are a DIYer, you can get the products for around 50.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,936 Posts
'03 Tundra 130,000 miles in 3 years - Timing belt at 100k
'04 Rav4 140,000 miles in 11 years - Serpentine belt at 100k
'08 Tacoma 160,000 miles 8 years - Water pump at 90k
'16 Corolla 120,000 miles 5 years

None had anything else done other than oil changes and coolant replacement.
None had any issues with the engines and were still running strong when traded/replaced.

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
1,140 Posts
'03 Tundra 130,000 miles in 3 years - Timing belt at 100k
'04 Rav4 140,000 miles in 11 years - Serpentine belt at 100k
'08 Tacoma 160,000 miles 8 years - Water pump at 90k
'16 Corolla 120,000 miles 5 years

None had anything else done other than oil changes and coolant replacement.
None had any issues with the engines and were still running strong when traded/replaced.
That's a lot of miles!

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would let them do the BG EPR and MOA treatment around 50k/5yrs. The only reason why I say this is because the VVTI solenoids can get fouled. There is a very low chance of this if you have been changing your oil every 5k/6 mo with synthetic though.

It is definitely not necessary and if you don't do it, you won't have any issues probably ever as long as you have been maintaining the vehicle to specification.

If you are a DIYer, you can get the products for around 50.
Toyota Dealerships has BG products?

I assume these are the two products?

Assuming dealership doesn’t have this option, I’ll just wait til the next oil change (@60k), add the fluid then drive right over to the dealership for the oil change.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,936 Posts
That's a lot of miles!
That's not counting the '94 pickup that I put 225k on and traded in on the Tundra, and another 50k I put on the Vulcan in 3 years.
Company I worked for in the late 90's until 2010 I was a field tech, and my territory covered SoCal, AZ, southern NV, and since it was a difficult trip for our bay area tech, I got stuck with the Hwy 395 corridor and Utah.
I averaged nearly 50k per year.
Toyota has never let me down. Both of my Ford products left me stranded more than twice in less than 120,000, and both of my post-1970 GM products were nothing but trouble, but in fairness, I bought both used. '93 Blazer busted a rocker stud, and the '95 Suburban.... it would be easier to tell you what was good about it.

·
Registered
'21 Corolla LE - Celestite (1K3) / Black (FB20)
350 Posts
Toyota Dealerships has BG products?

I assume these are the two products?

Assuming dealership doesn’t have this option, I’ll just wait til the next oil change (@60k), add the fluid then drive right over to the dealership for the oil change.
They offer it in my area, but I am sure it's dealer specific.

Yes, the EPR is a flush and the MOA is an additive.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Ok cool… I didn’t think they were useless for 50k-60k mile service and especially driving conditions.
Just use quality Top Tier gasoline and change your oil regularly. Driving it hard won't hurt it and can actually help clean out some carbon build up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts