Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, today later on at like 2 in the afternoon, we are going to start the car... BUT.. few things are holding me back. First off... My clutch pedal isnt pressing... its like so when you press, it doesnt do anything for the engine or the transmission... just push down and nothing...

Next is i have two pictures of two things i dont know what to do with..

first is the distributer... where do i plug the red and white wire too?? on the wire harness... if so where on it, its a 5efe wire harness.
http://www.geocities.com/tercelica02/redwhitedistrib.jpg

second is this plug off my 5efe wire harness... where do i connect it???
http://www.geocities.com/tercelica02/yellonblk.jpg

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
if you can and have more than one person try to move back the clutch lever by hand and have some press the clutch to see if push rod moves. if it does try bleeding it some more. it doesnt move well start looking at the master or the slave being bad, or a line might be cloged.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ic let me try that and i will get back to you guys :) thanks... JUST MIGHT WORK.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the green plug is the throttle position sensor...you may have to change it with one of the other tps plugs on the extra harness u have if it won't fit... the throttl position sensor is located on the throttl body, around where that butterfly valve would be to let air into the intake.

i triefd to get ur email froim ur profile so i can send u ewverything, but it won't work..

im stepping out be back maybe around 5:00p

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what would be some things to check up on if we cant start the car and it wont crank over.

·
Registered
238 Posts
what did you do to the 2 dist wires first off....thts a reason why itr might now crack ovcer...

first check for spark, then check for fuel(your probably good here)

you can have your ignition coil checked at autozone for free.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the starter just wont crank over

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is 12.5 volts going to the starter at all times and it still isnt working.

·
Registered
238 Posts
your internals of your engine may be a tad bit rusted between the rins and the cylinder wall...i had the same problem when i went up to visalia to help a guy install a 5efe into hiw 1990 tercel.

we had to get a thick aluminum braket and he put that up against the gear part of the flywheel then hit it with a hammer whiule i used a socket and a prybar on the crank pulley to turn it in the direction he was trying to move the fly wheel .. he kept going clockwise and counter clockwise until we got more and more slack. then it finally broke free.

but first check the starter..take the 2 bolfor it off, then try starting it and seeing if it turns...make sure to have it secureley held and wear cotton gloves or use a rag or 2 in case it warms up.

i sent you the pics..

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the starter doesnt click over at all.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and there is voltage going to the starter at all times.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the red and white wires i just matched up with the other red and white wires.. but on the pictures you sent me you have four wires coming out. a green, red, and two white ones. on mine its only 2... red and white. i have not green and 2nd white... why is this??

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, i took off the 5efhe distributer.. and i put in a 5efe one. the wires are like the picture you sent me and i will wait until tomorow to actually start it up again.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, i will keep it.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, i got the distributer connected. but the car isnt cranking over still. why is this!!! my dad said if i dont get it started were selling it and imma end up buying another civic..... also my throttle sensor thatcamewiththe motor has 3 wires not 4...but the 5efe wire harness has 4 wires. HELP!! ONE DAY TO KEEP MY CAR!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
you will need to change the tps plug(5efe) with the 5efhe harness TPS plug. I am assuming you have the 5efe wiring diagrams so take a look at the 4efte wiring diagrams on www.toyotagtturbo.com

To be hoinest the easist thing would be to find a 5efe TPS.

heres my email address:
[email protected]

EDIT: CELL PHONE NUMBER DELETED, SEND ME AN EMAIL IF YOU NEED MY CELL PHONE #.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts