Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im colecting parts for my motor.

MR2 Exhaust Manifold - im working out a deal on EBay.

CT-26 Turbo. - what are my options? i see many on line that need to be reboult but they are cheep and in some case's still in working order.

Oil pan - 120 bucks (USD) from toyota. (why not?) im shure there are other options tho. (im all ears, FYI i like the idea of not having to tap the stock one.)

Down Pipe - (Ehaust shop, $100-$300??? inlightent me)

MR2 2 bar Map - (this is what i need right?, any good places to get this or somthing that works just like it?)

Intake piping. - last on the list, id like to include a large intercooler, so give me some insight into doing this pipe's

Im told i need larger injectors. the comon name that pop's up is Supra. is there a set spec i need as apose to a car i can gank then from.. IE 400cc 500cc?? or can i survive with the stock ones for now?

Oil lines - what exactly should i use for these? Standard Steal Flex lines used in comon aftermarket oil fileter relocation kits??

now from all the stuff ive dug up on this there is little mention of blow off valves, boost controlers, or waist gate's. (things that are comonly brought up when you deal with turbo's)

can this be put together with out the use of any of these? and if so, of these items whats the best to add to the mix if i have the spare time and money? (if u had to pick one)

lastly. who has done this upgrade?? and what are your coments on it?

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
93jdmgt said:
yea dude let me know too i think i want ta do a 5s-GTE conversion
sorry if your just turbo'ing the 5s-fe that makes it a 5s-fte not a 5s-gte... to do a 5s-gte you would have to swap out the whole head...

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have a question, so over all is it cheaper to swap a 3sgte engine into the car or do the 5sfe turbo setup upgrade? Oh i need a new transmission with the upgrade also..
let me knwo thnx

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
asianchen said:
i have a question, so over all is it cheaper to swap a 3sgte engine into the car or do the 5sfe turbo setup upgrade? Oh i need a new transmission with the upgrade also..
let me knwo thnx
The 5sgte is not cheaper its comes close to the same price range... as swapping a whole 3sgte in...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Allright the 3sGTE Exhaust Mainfold is in the mail.(got a good price on it too). now onto the CT-26..... and other parts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thnx Wraith, i guess swapping is the way, since my engine si over 200+km but still runing very strong, so just gotta wait until the $ gets save up and get ready for it :D

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
asianchen said:
Thnx Wraith, i guess swapping is the way, since my engine si over 200+km but still runing very strong, so just gotta wait until the $ gets save up and get ready for it :D
I would suggest doing a leak down test and a compression test before even stating that you motor is healthy... Especially when boosting...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where is a good scource for a downpipe?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wraith said:
sorry if your just turbo'ing the 5s-fe that makes it a 5s-fte not a 5s-gte... to do a 5s-gte you would have to swap out the whole head...
i know yo i jsut got it mixed up, sorry about that. you knew what i meant tho:D

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
Zrain said:
where is a good scource for a downpipe?
there are none that I know off but I could be wrong ... most of the downpipes I've seen have been custom...

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
Zrain said:
Allright the 3sGTE Exhaust Mainfold is in the mail.(got a good price on it too). now onto the CT-26..... and other parts
make sure its a single entry CT-26 and not a dual. Single entry will hook on, dual requires some work.

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
B Deuce said:
make sure its a single entry CT-26 and not a dual. Single entry will hook on, dual requires some work.
hows that ??? The Dual entery CT26 is off the MR2 turbo ... The Single entry CT26 is off a MKIII Supra which is actually an upgrade for an MR2 ... Possible to make 300whp out of the single unit...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont they have the same flange shape???

just the dual is split and the single is not??

(are there any known porting mods to CT26's to convert a dual into a single? and or proting the manifold?)

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
Zrain said:
dont they have the same flange shape???

just the dual is split and the single is not??

(are there any known porting mods to CT26's to convert a dual into a single? and or proting the manifold?)
I wouldnt suggest porting a dual into a single it would make the turbine side walss very weak and brittle...

The Manifold I would suggest about porting... more flow...

·
I do NOT exist ...
167 Posts
Zrain said:
Im told i need larger injectors. the comon name that pop's up is Supra. is there a set spec i need as apose to a car i can gank then from.. IE 400cc 500cc?? or can i survive with the stock ones for now?
i think the ultimate question for what injectors you choose will depend on what power levels you hope to attain and ECU you run. my thinking is you should probably stick to the stock MR2T injectors (440s) because they are good up to about 300 HP (from what i've read - no personal experience on that). focus on pump and regulator for fuel support first, then compression issues before sweating Supra injectors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
would a 3s-gte intake and exhaust manifold work on a 5s-fe? b/c i am thinking of piecing together a turbo for my GT,.......

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Nop, you'll need the 3S-GE head. The GE got TVIS, different intake port.
Exhaust should be the same. You only need the exhaust manifold to connect the turbo for 5S-FTE.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Zrain said:
I have a singel Entry CT26 with about 20,000 miles on it since the rebuild up for sale. I also have a polished wastegate lemme know if you are intersted.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i found a shop that can weld up my exhaust to my down pipe... and he takes bear as legal tender... (my cusin rules) but im thinking im going to be going with an aftermarket down pipe. and in that case im going to have to get a universal Cat for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts