Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i wanted to know if anyone had any other information on building an ALL-MOTOR 5SFE CAR . i found this link also if you have any parts for sale please posted them i'm on stage 2 of this project thank you.

here's what i have so far

Apexi AFC Neo
Webcams 294 grind cams
Larger throttle body
Venom Super Flow Fuel Injectors
4-1 header
2.5" free flowing exhaust
Nology Silver Hotwires Spark Plug Wires
NGK IRIDIUM IX Spark Plugs
MSD-6A Ignition Control
Air Intake
Race port and polish
Unorthodox Racing crank pulley
Suspenison work done also.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
these cars are just too heavy and no amount of weight reduction will make an all motor car fast IMO....all that money spent...and you will still be lucky to get a car that will run high 14's....that is why everyone does the turbo swap....

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Is this in a gen2 MR2?

I don't like to be a downer but this is a bit of a weird project. For less money, you could make more power by adding a turbo. I understand the concept of building a nice NA motor but I don't understand why someone would do it other than, "because I can." If that's your reason, more power to you. For any other reason (especially performance), you should go turbo.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
thanks for the reply Ghostyman that's pretty much it . if i wanted max hp i would hookup my NSX . but that's not want i'm going for here .
Okay, that sounds reasonable.

You'll want to swap another intake manifold on. I'm pretty sure the 3S-GTE manifolds have the same bolt pattern so I'd recommend either one of them or (preferably) a 3S-GE side-feed intake.

What size are the injectors? You should be able to get away with any top-feeds that flow more than 350ish CC/minute. Stock 5SFE injectors are something like 215cc I think... not that it matters since you've got the Venoms. The 3SGTE 440ccs are good for 275rwhp but they are side-feed.

The biggest power area is going to be the head. Uncork the intake and exhaust (which you've basically done) and then just start building the head to flow as much air as possible. I'd go for oversize valves and a very aggressive port & polish (your "race port" might be fine.) You'll also want to raise the revlimit and strengthen the valvetrain handle the faster speed. With cams and other mods, you will need high RPMs to get the power you're after.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not very familiar with the 5SFE.

EDIT: I know you stated "5SFE" but have you considered using a 3SGE head? It would stay NA but have the added displacement of the 5S block.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
5SGE would be your best bet at making considerable power with the 5S as stated above.
My question is can any 3SGE head bolt on? If so you could go with a redtop or blacktop beams 3SGE head which has VVT.

·
Registered
1993 MR2
53 Posts
kontra Apexi AFC Neo Webcams 294 grind cams Larger throttle body Venom Super Flow Fuel Injectors 4-1 header 2.5" free flowing exhaust Nology Silver Hotwires Spark Plug Wires NGK IRIDIUM IX Spark Plugs MSD-6A Ignition Control Air Intake Race port and polish Unorthodox Racing crank pulley Suspenison work done also.[/quote said:
thats pretty much everything the my old 5s had done to it, and my stock gen 3 3sge feels faster

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
wouldn't you want a built NA motor to be high revving??....the 5SFE isn't...neither is the 3SGTE..that's why we all run mad boost....lol...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts