Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
1,620 Posts
Just making sure. The little square hole you circled in pink, that is on the other side of the throttle body right?
If I understand your question, the IACV is under the throttle body which is towards the driver side. The other link you posted is the ACIS which is over towards the passenger side and is connected to the intake plenum. Two totally different systems.

Is that what you meant?

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I understand your question, the IACV is under the throttle body which is towards the driver side. The other link you posted is the ACIS which is over towards the passenger side and is connected to the intake plenum. Two totally different systems.

Is that what you meant?

Uh okay. I get it now. Everything is much clearer. Where did the ACIS come to my mind from?? When you said two butterfly 180 degree from each other the ACIS butterfly came to mind. Thanks ajkaian and Mister_Perkins

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great thread, I suspect my car having this issue and will be cleaning out the IAC as soon as I have time. I have a question about the coolant lines and plugging them up. Will the coolant hoses continue to leak out coolant if I don't plug them up, or will it only leak out whatever coolant is left in the hose? I just am not sure if that step is mandatory or if I can just take the hoses out and disassemble the IAC and clean it. Thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also, does anyone have the part number to the monkey face gasket or the name of it? Is it the IAC gasket that seals the throttle body with IAC?

·
Turbo Snail
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Great thread, I suspect my car having this issue and will be cleaning out the IAC as soon as I have time. I have a question about the coolant lines and plugging them up. Will the coolant hoses continue to leak out coolant if I don't plug them up, or will it only leak out whatever coolant is left in the hose? I just am not sure if that step is mandatory or if I can just take the hoses out and disassemble the IAC and clean it. Thank you!
Thanks:) I'm glad that I could help. The hoses will only leak a little bit of coolant. I actually suggest that you get a Throttle body gasket while doing this little project and remove the throttle body as well. It makes the IAC a lot easier to access if you can flip the throttle body over:thumbsup:

Also, does anyone have the part number to the monkey face gasket or the name of it? Is it the IAC gasket that seals the throttle body with IAC?
As far as the monkey gasket:

http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/shop/Toyota_Camry_Fuel_Injection_Idle_Air_Control_Valve_Gasket_W0133-ds-1643703-make_Toyota-model_Camry-part_Fuel_Injection_Idle_Air_Control_Valve_Gasket-brand_Ishino.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gps&utm_term=Toyota+Camry+Fuel_Injection_Idle_Air_Control_Valve_Gasket+Ishino+W0133-ds-1643703+&utm_campaign=shoppingengine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great thread guys!! Thanks Mr. Perkins as always. Plan to have an update on my 1994 Camry for posting tomorrow. We found something interesting re: the rough idle issue that I hope will help others. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is a great DIY.
But I am wondering,....I have a great running car as it is,.....is there any preventative maintainence to keep this carbon from building up in the first place??
Perhaps Seafoam treatments??
Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
what is the inside diameter of those throttle body coolant hoses?

I'm looking to replace mine. i can just use bulk coolant hose, right?
yes, bulk works fine without kinks and without any bending coils. 5/16" ID coolant hose, but make sure it is heater or coolant hose and specifically antifreeze compatible. they didn't have the right stuff at oreilly or autozone. i had to go to NAPA to get the right kind of hose - part number NBH H149 if i recall. the website will tell you which stores have it in stock and they do in store transfers. twisting the old hose past the barb with a vice grips was the easiest way to break the old hoses free (don't do this for the bigger heater hose ends on the fire wall, tho!). use the old hoses to measure out lengths for the new ones and slice neatly with a razor blade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i m nearly 10 years late to this topic i guess. i have same issue like you. revving high when i start up. so i pulled out IAC including the motor and gave it a good clean..it now spins freely but what i forgot to do was i forgot to make a note of how the motor thing with screw was originally set at factory. so i m now struggling to find the sweet spot. my question is when you adjusting the IAC, should i wait till the engine is fully warmed up before i adjust the idle and what should the ideal idle be when i set it? should i set this with accessories like A/C on? if i set the idle while the engine is warmed, then how does that impact my cold start rpm? many thanks

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts