Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think this one has been asked before, but is it possible to swap out ECU's without much hassle?

It seems all MKII MR2's rev to 6.5k while all gen3 Camry's rev to 6k. :)

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
epidemic said:
try it and see what happens:thumbup:
Maybe as a last resort, but I know some guys have experience with both MR2's and Camry's around here, and I know there are guys who have swapped ECU's in doing a/t to m/t swaps. :)

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Unless your going 5SGTE it's a waste of your time

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rapeacivic said:
Unless your going 5SGTE it's a waste of your time
I won't be going 5SGTE because I have quite sizeable plans for my FE head while keeping it all motor.

My goals are 160whp and I intend to have some cams made shortly, thus I'd like to be able to get the most out of them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
what all are you planning? if its upwards of 5000 then you should do a 3sge na swap. it would be much more practical and true dual over head cam. the altezza 3sge is 220 hp to the fly i believe. so that will yield a little more or less than 160 whp.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
henry bui said:
what all are you planning? if its upwards of 5000 then you should do a 3sge na swap. it would be much more practical and true dual over head cam. the altezza 3sge is 220 hp to the fly i believe. so that will yield a little more or less than 160 whp.
I'm planning a 5SFE build-up, not a 3sge swap. I may be able to remove the fuel cut with a piggy-back, we'll see when it coems, but 5000 the 5SFE's stock ECU is easily capable of (it revs to 6k on a camry, 6.5k on an mr2). I'm looking to rev to around 7-8k, 7k's probably more reasonable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts