1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Aeroturbine makes some great ones in good sizes for the 5S-FE (2", 2.25", 2.5")

there should be some sound clips somewhere on the forums ... i believe someone got one just recently (last 2 or 3 months)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can you find magnaflow resonators? i cant find them on ebay...

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Magnaflow doesnt make resonators to the best of my knowledge ... i think he was thinking of mufflers

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
i suppose you could use that as a resonator, but im pretty sure the internals are different for a muffler and a resonator

(something to do with resonant frequencies, dampening, and all that fun stuff)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
They do make resonators or something since it has it's own name called magnapacks and cheapest I found it was about $50 something and the aeroturbine was $60.

I bought the aeroturbine 2.5" resonator and it's definitely is nice and it's very good quality (stanless steel) and I believe it's the less restrictive resonators out there. Don't know much about the magnapacks but it says it's an stainless steel model though.

·
[g4.Rep]
1999 Toyota Camry LE
1,591 Posts
^x2

Im taking mines out tho; my exhaust isn't loud enough but it is deep as hell.
But don't get me wrong.. its the good stuff.

Here's mines installed..

·
4Runner
99 4runner SR5
526 Posts
No it was a magnaflow resonator, I used it on a porsche 944s2 when I was building race exhaust for PCA and NASA racing on a few customers vehicles. I installed it with a magnaflow muffler, sounded perfect. I got it from a place called jobbers exhaust in lex, ky

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Want louder exhaust without changing the muffler only thing left is to up the piping size. I'm running 2.5" all the way back past the stock cat's location (deleted the cat also helps) and that will be loud.

Will probably get the Apexi Active Tail Silencer and ill have the best of both worlds- quiet when cruising and loud as normal when stomping on the go pedal lol!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.