Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if i can swap my 5sf3 motor to a 3sfe motor, i was told that all i had to do was make a modification to the motor mount. on a 93 camry

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Do a search and to make it a little easier on ya....5sfe is better and more hp/torque then the 3sfe.......so its pointless if you were to do it....

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
You must mean a different engine. A 5sfe to 3sfe swap would be pointless unless it was a jdm 3sfe. But even then, the jump in hp would be pretty minor.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
dont knock a 2.0 liter just because it is a 2.0 liter. the 3sgte is a turbo 2.0 liter with double the power in stock condition as the 2.2L 5sfe. the 2.0L 3sGe is prolly 50 more hp in stock form. but the thing with those is the torque isnt there... you need torque to start the wheels rollin.

the 3sfe is NOT a good engine for the camry. in ANY case. yes it was used in the gen 2 camry, and is still underpowered there... but when you move into the gen 3 camry it is WAY too underpowered. the gen 3 is a lot heavier than gen 2.

why would you swap out anyways? getting bored? high mileage? want more power? what?

anywaqys if you are interested in swapping out your 5sfe, chose either another 5sfe, a 3sGTE or a 3vzfe(cause its a 92-93 car). (1mzfe would be a good swap if t was 94+, the wiring is easier using these combos with the years). how do i know this? i swapped a 1mz into my 94. ive swapped 2 3vzs as well... straight stock swaps though. either way, i know the engines and i know the wiring... you DONT want to wire a 94+ motor to a 92-93 car. you just DONT want to do it... trust.

read this thread... specifically page 2. it says 1mz, but in your case with the 92-93 model, you want to use the 3vzfe if you want a v6 swap. all the info is the same for that motor though.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26074

im me with questions or stop over to the shiftgate performance forums. we talk tech info only, no bs. link is in my sig.
-dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've decided to rebuild the 5sfe, do you know of a good rebuild kit ? i should be able to turn the crank and save it, new pistons,rings,gaskets and seals should do it......oh yeah and the cause of all this.... the oil pump.

·
Official TN Rice Hater
97 camry le
378 Posts
hmm 3sfe to 5sfe :D ive done it lol j/k i was told that i have that motor but i dont. listen to everyone here when they say its not possible. cause it isnt possible.

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
88 LE said:
Oh shit, here we go again. :rolleyes: :disappoin

Ummmm, let's all just safely leave this one alone, shall we???:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey thanks for the info...i found an engine in suwanee..just down the road, for 650. i like the look of the 2002 camry and was wondering if you knew anything about the 2.4 that's in it ?

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
157hp, 157lb/ft torque, its called 2AZFE, and it will be a helluva lot of work getting that one into yours.

If you're gonna do this, do it right:

3VZFE 92-94 V6
1MZFE 94-2005 V6
3MZFE 2002+ 3.3L V6 (if you got time, talents and treasury)
5SFE 92-2002 I4 (keepin it simple)
BEAMS 3SGE (if you got time, talents and treasury)
3SGTE 91-2004 I4 (if you got time, talent, treasury and patience)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so i've swapped my 5sfe with a used 54sfe, now i'm idling rough and there is a ton of gas coming out of my exhaust pipe.
i used my old fuel rail which was doing fine and my old ignition.
could it be a crossed vaccuum line?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts