Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wohoooooooooo

I just got home from work and guess what I had sitting at my door my CT-26 turbo and my 3SGTE head:D :D :D

I will post picsas soon as I get everything sorted out

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
now i thought you were going have to sell your car and now you are turbocharging it, please explain

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the pics:

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DrtySthV6SE said:
now i thought you were going have to sell your car and now you are turbocharging it, please explain

Yeah, I'm still moving to Spain, but it's been delayed. I was supposed to live with my Uncle but his wife kicked him out of the house, so my trip has been delayed until possibly next summer. So I'm finishing what I started with my Camry and I'm probably going to take it with me to Spain now.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
good stuff!! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
club momentum moves you !
06 Tacoma X-Runner
456 Posts
ah ! this kicks ass, great to see more Camry guys going the next level in mods :) keep it up and also great to hear youre continuing your project

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys:) I can't wait to get my Camry Boosting!!!

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Allen:) Now if I can only find an E-153 5 speed tranny I would be very happy

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
trdcamry2003 said:
There's like 6-7 of them in florida alone on www.car-part.com
Thanks:) . The problem is that most of them have high mileage. I want one with low mileage so I don't have to rebuild the tranny.

Userlain: John(aka silverstreakin) and I will be doing the 5sgte project ourselves and we'll also be swaping my Camry over to a 5 speed manual ourselves too.

The only work I won't be doing is rebuliding the turbo and the machine work for my 5s block:)

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
ah...i thought you werent moving because you stopped that thread with parting your car out...but it sounds real nice that youre building your 5s....good luck

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Guys, I'll keep eveyone updated:)

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
Kick ass man!!! I love it how everyone is getting boosted, now, if i could only get enough money for my RIPP sds....

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
do you have pistons/rods yet?
You'll need custom pistons due to the fact that the 5sfe is 87mm bore, while the 3sgte is smaller.

edit: also do you intend on installing it all at once? If not, I'd suggest shaving the deck down a bit so you don't lose too much static compression.

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CrawlingEye said:
do you have pistons/rods yet?
You'll need custom pistons due to the fact that the 5sfe is 87mm bore, while the 3sgte is smaller.

edit: also do you intend on installing it all at once? If not, I'd suggest shaving the deck down a bit so you don't lose too much static compression.
All in due time:) I'm ordering the parts as I have the money. Pistons and Rods, E-153 5 speed tranny, 3sgte ecu and wiring harress, 3sgte downpipe, custom intake manifold, wide band O2 setup, 3sgte forged crank, distriburtor and igniter, Fuel managment, 3 inch piping exhaust, charge piping and front mount intercooler, turbo rebuild, etc, etc. They're all on my list of parts that I will buy as I have the money. It's going to take me awhile as I don't make much money but I'm going to make sure that I do this right so I don't run into any problems. Also, I'm not going to build my 5sgte to the extent that Wraith has he's going for a full blown race motor and I'm not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
that's flippin sick

1 - 20 of 37 Posts