Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lowering my 91 GT 1.5 inches, would a camber kit that is good for +/- 1 degree enough ? Is OBX a decent brand name ?

HELP !!

John

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Yeap... +/- 1 degree is more than enough, after spring installation you should end up with 0.75 degrees negative so the bolts will be just fine. As for brand I cant say, I used some that I bought off www.overboost.com

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll stick with the ignalls, proven quality, only $59 US shipped for front a rear, so thats a cheap investment. Now, struts. Koni yellows front ? KYB gr-2's rear ? any ideas

John

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
If I had the money I would go for Koni in all four corners. Regular KYBs wont last long on a shorter spring, you need a high performance strut/shock that can tolerate the shorter spring.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you're saying, but the 5th gen has very little weight over the rear end and im not spending that much on suspension for a car thats only on the road 4-5 months a year. lol. It might just get gabrials in the back. sprongs, sway bars and poly bushings are costing enough, I just need the front to handle, I can handle the it from there. hahahahaha.
thanx

John

·
Immortal
332 Posts
I believe the stock suspension is adjustable...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the rear is, the front however is not. THis is more of a rather be safe then ossry kinda deal, it'll only be about $70CDN once I get it, so it'l be a good investment. I might even just buy the 2degree kit in case I go lower in the years to come.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts