Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to find press-in replacements with wheel seals. I found them once, but my bearings were fine, now they are not and I am kicking myself in the ass...any help is great. thanx.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I replaced the wheel bearings on my bro's Jeep Cherokee the whole unit was like $30 at carquest.... Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got mine at O'reilly's. Have fun working on them. Make sure your spindle/hub assembly isn't shot as well or you'll be doing this all over again when the new bearings blow out. I ended up going to a salvage yard and buying the entire knuckle/hub assembly. Much easier that way.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got into it today, bearing is in pieces, got new breaing and seals, but waiting on hub from toyota and snap ring and ball joint. Joint is fine, but the boot is shot, too bad too.

John

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boy that bearing was fun. My mechanic was cursing. Took us a little while to coplete, but its all back toghter with new bearing, seals, hub, new strut mounts and hand brake cable. Wheel alignment tomorrow and we'll see what breaks next.

John

·
Registered
160 Posts
^ "Well see what breaks next" HAHAHA, so true, When it rains it pours. Well I had the same problem, bearing went, it actually split in half. I looked as if they were bearings for rollerblades (in which you put them one on each side of the wheel). Anyways, right before that it was the power steering hose, and the rad after that. Just cross your fingers, Im sure the worst is over.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the way home from the alignment, the alternaor decided to crap out, luckily, its only 2 months ld with plenty of warranty. But still, got to remove it and drive a half hour in a cavalier. grrrr.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts