Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 6months/5K complementary service yesterday. The car as 4.2K miles and the dealer only did tire rotation and claimed engine oil will only be changes at 1year/10K since it is synthetic. Is that right?:confused:

·
Registered
2011 Highlander
95 Posts
maybe not. there are some circumstances which would require service sooner than one year or 10,000 miles. if you tow a lot then you would want to change the oil sooner. of course this isnt covered in the two year free service plan. check out your owners manual, it's all in there.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
I would do what the book says. I use nothing but synthetic in every thing and I still change my oil at the recommended interval. I don't think just because it is a superior lube that it doesn't still get the same amount of contaminants in the same amount of miles driven. It is the single biggest thing you can control that will affect the life of the engine so I think what is a few more dollars over the life of the car.

·
Registered
568 Posts
And here I thought that the first 6 mo 5K oil change was the most important of all. An opportunity to flush out all that "stuff' that is inherent with a new build.
+1. In fact, mi first OCI is around 2k.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was told the Toyota Care would still do the first change at 5,000 miles even though the synthetic is built to last 10,000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.