Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this is quite interesting but i have found sombody that can make me a 6 speed trans. for my v6 1mzfe and i just wanted to know wat yall think about it.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Speaking of changing amount of gears i wonder how hard it would be to make the 5spd auto with sequential shift from the new solara work with my car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will be a while before i can do this but it just popped in my head and i asked my mechanic about it and he said it could be done. but i wont really talk to him about it for a while

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Your gonna be putting down some mad cash man.:eek:

They are going to do one of two things. They are going to some how modify a e153 to have 6 gears, which seems like an insane idea to try. Or they are going to make you an entirely different tranny. Which is going to cost you a crazy amount of money! Unless your putting down the power (400hp+) and race regularly, I wouldn't say it is worth it. Not just to have it. 5-speed will worth just as good for normal application.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
doesn't the acura rsx have a 6 speed manual tranny? they might be using that instead
Yeah, the RSX Type S has the 6 speed w/ about 210 HP. My friend's got one (stock, the way he likes it) and had it dyno'ed..... I'd like to see a 6 speed in a camry, though!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
like i said it will be a while because im goin to do everything else first before i think about this project like my system,interior, then the braking and handling, and after all that is done i will go for the 6 speed.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
I saw this eBay auction last week, it got me thinking about the possibilities. The linkage is MR2 style (cables attach to the front) but looks like it can be converted to Camry style by using the shifter parts from an e153 or the 4 cylinder equivalent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts