Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing, so I was wondering what needs to be done to my car when I reach 60,000 miles.

Do I need a full tune-up, and what does that include? Honestly, I'm not really aware of that stuff. I'd like to know every little detail possible before I bring my baby to an auto-shop (steps, costs, time, etc.), thanks.

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
Wondering the same thing about 100g's...

I know there are shops around that show lists of things they reccomend be done at certain mileage but idk if I fully believe them.

Anyone got this info?

Also sry to but in but I just didnt feel it was nessacary to create a whole new thread for that. They are still realated in main topic lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
All vital fluids. Filters. Inspect brakes, wheel bearings etc.
Spark plugs. Just did mine with 54k miles. Change your plugs with a cold engine. Mine looked very healthly but were worn. I can grip the steering wheel tightly now at idle and not feel any vibration. Smooooth
My $.02

2000 4cyl

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
oil change, replace air filter and cabin filter (if its dirty), tire rotation, alignment, seafoam your car, check all fluids and fill if its low. check your brake pads. you can do some of these yourself. for tire rotation i recommend Just Tires..its just 10 bucks. o yea, check your battery fluid. if its low you can ONLY add distilled water

Corollacrazy42: if you look at the listing most likely it said "CHECK". just do the same as above and do a transmission flush, radiator flush, check your spark plugs, bleed the brake fluid and clean your throttle body

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
Change thee Timing belt. Change the water pump too, if yu can afford it also the idler wheels in there. They can seize up and snap your belt and you have to do it all over.

·
Registered
184 Posts
marc780 said:
Change thee Timing belt. Change the water pump too,
Uhmmmmmm I won't pretend to be an expert but with 60k miles on a 2000 Camry I would not even consider a timing belt for another 20k miles. Ya' could do a visual check ...

Also I think you will have to look for a long time to find a cabin filter in a 2000 Camry

·
I work on euros.
96 Toy Camry Sport
210 Posts
general rule of thumb for timing belts (95% accurate):

before '00:timing belt every 60k

after '99:timing belt every 100k.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the Complete Maintenance

Thanks a lot guys, that helped me a lot. I did some further research and summarized what needs to be done:

- Replace engine oil
- Replace oil filter (what's the difference between an OEM and a TRD one?)
- Replace air filter (does anyone remember the inlet piping size for the Injen SRI?)
- Replace engine coolant
- Replace spark plugs (how often does this need to be replaced?)
- Replace timing belt & water pump (at 90k preferred for '00 models and up)
- Replace cabin air filter
- Replace fuel injectors (or use a fuel injection cleaner instead?)
- Inspect braking system, drive belts/boots, fuel lines, connections, exhaust system
- Inspect tire pressure and rotate if necessary
- Change transmission fluid, brake fluid, & perform radiator flush
- Clean throttle body & degrease engine (what is seafoam and how is it used?)

One thing that got to me...is there a cabin filter for a 2000 Camry? I can't seem to find one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You have a 2000 correct ?
Read again what has been suggested by everyone above..... You do not need a timing belt and a water pump, and there is no cabin filter in your car.
You DO NOT need fuel injectors. Skip the SeaFoam too.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
fox_prime said:
Thanks a lot guys, that helped me a lot. I did some further research and summarized what needs to be done:

- Replace engine oil
- Replace oil filter (what's the difference between an OEM and a TRD one?)
- Replace air filter (does anyone remember the inlet piping size for the Injen SRI?)
- Replace engine coolant
- Replace spark plugs (how often does this need to be replaced?)
- Replace timing belt & water pump (at 90k preferred for '00 models and up)
- Replace cabin air filter
- Replace fuel injectors (or use a fuel injection cleaner instead?)
- Inspect braking system, drive belts/boots, fuel lines, connections, exhaust system
- Inspect tire pressure and rotate if necessary
- Change transmission fluid, brake fluid, & perform radiator flush
- Clean throttle body & degrease engine (what is seafoam and how is it used?)

One thing that got to me...is there a cabin filter for a 2000 Camry? I can't seem to find one.
Just use the OEM filter or another quality filter such as Purolator, Wix (Napa Gold).

Spark plugs are supposed to be replaced every 60,000mi along with the plug wires.

You probably do not have a cabin air filter. I don't think the Gen 4s came with them. Mine did not. If you have one, it's behind the glove box.

Fuel injectors should be ok and not require replacement.

You may want to start changing the power steering fluid also.

Seafoam - read the many threads on here about Seafoam. Just put some in a container and run it through the brake booster line.

·
Registered
184 Posts
touringcamry said:
Seafoam - read the many threads on here about Seafoam. Just put some in a container and run it through the brake booster line.
Not uncommon to have mis-fires / CEL doing this ..I did with my Civic. No big deal but do your homework on reading / clearing CEL's.
:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts