Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I have a 1994 GT 6th gen and I've been trying to install a TWM short shifter and it doesnt fit into the white plastic cups, the sihfter balls are too small, I have been assured that I have the rgiht shifter, I'm wondering if it is possible that I have a different shifter assembly, if Toyota had a different assembly for 1994 or something? (Completely stock).. Oh and I live in WA, Australia (if that makes a difference), although the guys at TWM have said theyve shipped to Australia before with no problems.. ideas?

Thanks,
Jono

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Maybe the guys at TWM didn't remember that in Oz you have right hand side cars and that the shifters are have a different design according to the possition of the wheel, left hand or right hand drive.

Left hand shifters are tilted towards the left where stearing is and also closer to your right hand witch is your shifting hand, so I guess you could have a problem there... inserting a left hand drive desifned shifter in a right hand side car.

I suppose you'd have to ask somo other Aussies, Kiwis or people from the UK or Japan that post here for their experience on this. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didnt think that RHD or LHD would make a difference? I think it does on 7th gens but not 6th...? Also, the TWM shifter doesnt have a bend in it, unlike the stock one... Thanks for the quick reply! gives me some more troubleshooting ideas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts