Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here and have currently purchased a 09 double cab 4X4. I went with the SR5 model for many reasons and now need to put on the 7 pin wiring harness. Can the factory harness or aftermarket harness be purchased some were. I have the 4 pin now but would really like the full 7 pin. I spoke with my dealer and they couldn't help me so I thought some one here could.

thanks for the help.

Quickshot

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 4x4
153 Posts
welcome to TN!
crappy tire should have them, do you just want to run brakes, or also the power and back-up lights? anyways intsructions should be included, i've installed them on work trucks in the past. you'll still need the brake controller i think.

·
Registered
11 T4r TE
685 Posts
You can buy the 7 pin plug just about anywhere for <$25, but you will have to wire it. Wiring diagrams are easily found by search for "7 pin trailer" in google.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
776 Posts
Wiring Your Taco

Go to this website:

etrailer.com

They have virtually any wiring part for any car in production. They also have alot of videos that give you detailed instructions. Prices aren't bad, either.

·
Registered
11 T4r TE
685 Posts
the sr5's don't even come with a 7 pin????

WOW, what the hell is toyota's problem?
The 7 pin connector is part of the factory tow package, which also includes a hitch receiver, oil cool, tranny cooler, higher output alternator, larger battery.

Many Tacomas without the factory tow package get the "port installed" tow package, which is just a hitch receiver and a 4 pin wire harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts