Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

Does anyone own a '72 1/2 Hilux. Am I alone. I have found three Hilux's on line from 73-79. Most are the "surf" model or diesel. Does anyone have any history on the Hilux line.

More questions (few answers) - drop a line

dangerrat

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
I used to have a 75. Don't know if that will help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any sources for parts-OEM if possible. Although it gets harder and harder to find parts.

thanks

dangerrat

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
Probably an 18R? Maybe a 20R? I spent time at the wrecking yard to get what I needed most of the time. I never had to rebuild anything major, so I didn't really have to look for much. Re-ringed it once. Got all the gaskets and rings at the local parts store.
What are you looking for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parts!

ENGINE - 18R-C
MODEL - RN22L-KRA

I need the following:

1. manifold set
2. hood ornament [diamond shape]
3. dashboard

I continue to go to junk yards and salvage businesses but have no luck.

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
the early first gen celicas had the 18r-c motor so maybe you could find one of them to get your parts from. my uncle had a '74 hilux that he just sold. he had it for 17 years, so he might have a few spare parts lying around that he may want to get rid of. ill ask him tomorrow.

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
I think either a wrecking yard or finding someone else with that truck and buying it are your only options for those kind of things. Lotso luck to ya. You may have to call around to some places like TAP Recycling in Rancho Cordova, though they may not have anything that old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i didn't even consider other toys with the same engine. Dah on my part.
thanks for the advice.

dangerrat

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have a 71 hilux with an 18r. i need some new front fenders and cant find them anywhere. the only thing i found online was door seal kits.

·
Registered
Toyota Truck
107 Posts
I have a 79 and parts are hard to find. The dealership said he cannot get parts for it anymore. You can try JC Whitney,or do a "Google" search for "74 Toyota Truck parts". E-Bay has some parts too.
Donny

·
Registered
Toyota Truck
107 Posts
Go to "Google" and type in "1972 Toyota Truck Hilux Parts". I looked and found whole trucks and parts too.
Donny:clap:

·
Registered
toyota hilux
12 Posts
I have a 74 hilux truck and i am thinking parts are going to be tough to find.I use ebay a lot. And websites like this are great. I am concidering buying a parts truck if i can find one but they are few and far between. Richard

·
Registered
See Mods
546 Posts
I've seen a couple old Toy pickups with 18/20/22R engines show up in the pick-a-part in San bernardino. You may want to check it out if you're close to pick parts off of. They're a bit pricey imo, but have a decent amount of selection.

·
Registered
135 Posts
im in the process of buyin my grandpa's 73 yota hilux. i need two front fenders and a new front bumper. any help on these items? also i has A/C which was a big deal back then i guess. it also has an 18r in it. im thinking about doing a 22r w/ a 5 speed swap, but in the mean time im doing a points conversion kit and trying to get ahold of some resources to fix up the body and paint it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts