Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 1998 Camry LE.

Yesterday I dropped off my Camry at the dealer service station for 75000 mile service/maintenance.

Within a couple of hours I got a call saying that in addition to the regular service I will have to do the following:

1. Transmission fluid -- high pressure cleanup
2. Power steering fluid change/cleanup
3. Brake fluid change/cleanup
4. Brake pads change
5. Battery failing load test

And to fix all the above, I got an estimate of $1400.00 .

Following are my questions:
a) Is the estimate for the above mentioned items reasonable?
b) I was expecting a regular fluid drain/top-off for all the fluids at the 75000 mile mark and not a complete system cleanup. Does one have to clean up all the systems at 75000 mark?

Please advice.

Thanks,
MH.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
No it's not.
You can have the fluids flushed and refilled for cheap, just find a mechanic to do it, or do it yourself.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Toysrme said:
No it's not.
You can have the fluids flushed and refilled for cheap, just find a mechanic to do it, or do it yourself.
Exce$$ive ex$pen$ive. For $1400 it should also include timing belt and water pump with new fluids at the very least.

·
Registered
62 Posts
maheshh said:
Hello all,

I have a 1998 Camry LE.

Yesterday I dropped off my Camry at the dealer service station for 75000 mile service/maintenance.

Within a couple of hours I got a call saying that in addition to the regular service I will have to do the following:

1. Transmission fluid -- high pressure cleanup
2. Power steering fluid change/cleanup
3. Brake fluid change/cleanup
4. Brake pads change
5. Battery failing load test

And to fix all the above, I got an estimate of $1400.00 .

Following are my questions:
a) Is the estimate for the above mentioned items reasonable?
b) I was expecting a regular fluid drain/top-off for all the fluids at the 75000 mile mark and not a complete system cleanup. Does one have to clean up all the systems at 75000 mark?

Please advice.

Thanks,
MH.
How much is the 75k. At my local dealership its less than $190.00, a trans flush is about $160, Powersteering is around $90, Brake Flush is also around $90, Front and rear brakes would be no more than $370, and a battery test is free. That comes out to about $900. $1400 sounds a little excessive. Have them break it down for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts