Toyota Nation Forum banner

'78 Corona wagon project

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BeccaP757 
#1 ·
Whats up! I got myself a wagon recently and I'm pretty stoked to get it on the road. I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember so when I saw this for ridiculously cheap I had to grab it! My plans for it so far are basically just to clean it up and get it driving. It currently has an unfinished 22R swap in it but it's got a warped head. I dont really want to mess with it so I'm just going to pull the 20R and 5 speed from my '76 Hilux to swap in it since it runs fine. Its got a little bit of rust on the floors but nothing too bad, the floorpan in the hilux looks like swiss cheese lol. The only major rust is in the left rear quarter panel so that will be interesting to fix. I havent really done anything other than clean out the trash from the inside and wipe down everything. Hopefully I'll be able to get this thing on the road before too long.

She's a little rough but not as bad as my Hilux.

I was able to somewhat get rid of that white oxidation on the woodgrain vinyl with a scotch brite pad and some soapy water, you can see the difference between the first panel I hit a couple times and the panel on the door thats untouched.

Thats all I really have for now, hopefully I'll have some updates to post soon!

See less See more
#7 ·
I have a 78 wagon I’ve been working on for about 5 years. The roof rack on yours looks like mine and it’s a factory option listed on my original window sticker. Sweet ride and enjoy getting her on the road.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.