Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Corolla Sedan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone built anything like this on here? Finding it hard to source FORGED internals (Rods and crank mainly, pistons were easy), here in New Zealand... Has anyone got any advice where to find stuff, not just in NZ?

Should be awesome when done =)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I think most keep the 7a crank.... though at the very least have it balanced.... rods would have to be custom or find a company that will make them custom.

there are a few 7agze's... I think there's even a 20V 7agze....

·
Registered
1990 Corolla Sedan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, 20v ones aren't too hard, it's trying to find the forged 20v pistons... But for now, 16v will be the idea... Cheers for that, but APPARENTLY I can get forged 7a rods via the States, so I've heard, and yeah I was thinking of just keeping the crank and doing exactly that, just get it tested and balanced etc...

But still if anyone knows exactly where I could find such parts let me know... I'd be happy to return any favours in anyway possible, cheers.

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
Reactions: ELUSIV Rolla

·
BackYard Engineering
269 Posts
Just so you know, stock crank and rods arent as weak as people make them out to be. Friend broke his flywheel bolts for the 3rd time last weekend . Has had 7age 20v running without fail for over 4 years. Nitrous, slicks and the internals were fine

·
Registered
290 Posts
thats all good man, if you have a youtube account you might want to get in touch with this guy, http://www.youtube.com/user/7agte he might be able to help you out as well he is also in new zealand.
lol this thread has inspired me to do the same engine build as you and the guy in that link lol. i just want to be able to keep up with my sisters evo 7 lol.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
1990 Corolla Sedan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanna just do balanced crack, found rods on TradeMe, same guy that owns that owns the badass purple AE92 7a Levin (for the guys in NZ).

Check this out, LOVE IT!

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
Spool in Australia have rods for the 7A for about $500AU, and they come with ARP bolts I think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts