Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
93 tercel
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the motor 1.8 7afe bolt up to the 3e-4e-5e transmision bellhousings I've read yes and no witch is it?
Some say all you have to do is change the motor mount and do the wiring thats typical. But I just dont want to cut into my frame like the 3sgte requirments.
Otherwise I will just stick to plan A and turbo the 5efe. Also would you know if a td04 mitsu turbo would be about the same as a ct-9 just wondering theres about 5 tdo4-5's hanging out in the scrap yards.
thanx ahead for your info.

·
Wonderbread
Toyota Tercel, AE86
1,721 Posts
if you dont want to do cuttin then stick with plan A or get a 4efte. "A" series blocks wont bolt up to "E" series tranny, or you can make all newmounts and lower the engine in the bay and lower the centre of gravity of the car, but then the oil pan will be kinda too close to the ground

·
Registered
11 Posts
are you trying to do a 7age in a tercel.
with that engine you cant rev past 6500rpm, youll get torque but you killed the free rev capability of the 4age, hybrid not worth it.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
are you trying to do a 7age in a tercel.
with that engine you cant rev past 6500rpm, youll get torque but you killed the free rev capability of the 4age, hybrid not worth it.
From what I have read on the Corolla page of this site, you get better torque with less HP than a 4A-GE, and better HP with less torque than 7A-FE. All depends on what you want.

I think it would produce a good medium, but the gearbox that you use will be very important.

The gearbox in the '89 Corolla GTS (4A-GE) has a low final drive ratio. Revs higher than a Tercel at highway speeds. I think the 7A-FE gearbox is the opposite.
I haven't seen any mention of gearbox in what I read about this Franken engine

Then again, it depends on what you aim and desire is, what your planned use might be.

·
Banned
93 tercel
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have read on the Corolla page of this site, you get better torque with less HP than a 4A-GE, and better HP with less torque than 7A-FE. All depends on what you want.

I think it would produce a good medium, but the gearbox that you use will be very important.

The gearbox in the '89 Corolla GTS (4A-GE) has a low final drive ratio. Revs higher than a Tercel at highway speeds. I think the 7A-FE gearbox is the opposite.
I haven't seen any mention of gearbox in what I read about this Franken engine

Then again, it depends on what you aim and desire is, what your planned use might be.
thats what i read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts