Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between these two engines and can I use aftermarket internals and whatnot for a 7mgte on a 7mge?! I noticed way more parts for the turbo rather the N/A and was wondering if the parts are for both types. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, obviously as you know, the 7MGTE is turbo other then the 7MGE. I have been to a lot of sites where they have identical parts for a turbo and non-turbo supra depending on the year. You can check out suprastore.com or suprasport.com. One big thing that you can use in both turbo and n/a supra's is identical exhaust and intake. I also believe you can use a K&N FIPK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The answer is yes. But unless something is very wrong with the internals you have or you are going to push over 400hp I wouldn't worry about upgrading any of the internals. The cams are different on the GE and GTE and the injectors are larger on the turbo but otherwise the engines are very similar. You should upgrade the head gasket and head bolts though (same on both engines).

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Pretty sure that the block is the same... and they have slightly different heads. And of course the turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts