Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mse_ii
87 supra
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first got the car the guy i got it from claimed that it had a new head gasket, he also changed either the crank or cam seals (can't remmember), attempting to stop this leak (which blew oil over the entire engine and made it impossible to narrow down the source), that didn't help. so i changed the valvecover, pan, and turbo gaskets, then i cleaned the engine well. i ran it for a while with no leak; so... i took it for a test run. upon return i found the insulation on the front of the hood was dripping with oil, the air intake ducts were covered with oil and there was oil dripping from the front of the pan gasket. the top and sides of the engine were dry so this leak is narrowed down to the front othe engine, but still massive. i retightend the pan a couple of times (can you over tighten these bolts?) but that didn't help.

what next?

:headbang:

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
back it up on a hill or ramps, clean again, dry, then start the engine and rev a lil bit, not over 3,500rpms. with it on ramps from rear this will simulate minor braking, thus sending the oil forward. I'd be watching for the front main seal behind the balancer, and the cam seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts