Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a store recently and I parked next to a bone stock 7th gen Corolla sedan. I think it was a base model. Very poorly taken care of, but I immediately noticed that it has 5 lug hubs. The wheels were steelies with Toyota hub caps that would regularly go on 4 lug Corollas. This isn't the first time I've seen Corollas with 5 lugs, I saw two wagons before in my area also with 5 lug hubs, steelies, and hub caps. Completely stock.

My question is, why did some Corollas come with 5 lug hubs? What years/models did? I've been extremely curious lately.

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's like Ford using two different kinds of power steering racks in some older Ford vehicle, where even your VIN couldn't determine what rack you had.

I wish I could have, the dude was getting into his car. I'll keep my eye out for another.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
11,406 Posts
I'm confused.... you said there were hubcaps on. The hubcaps had fake lug nuts built into them, I think the OEM wheel covers had 4 nuts, but aftermarket replicas had 5. Not sure... my car had both versions on it :lol:

But you can't see the real number of lugs with the hubcap in the way.

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a picture... this takes it back to 2004 lol. But the front has 5, and the back has 4

Those lug nuts are fake? They're just on the hub cap? See, I was under the impression that the hub cap clips onto the lug nuts themselves (they go around the nuts on my cousin's 2010 Focus).

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, newer cars have the hubcaps bolt on, but not these old things lol. I lost mine once, had to go out and find it. They are definitely fake.
Oh goddammit, I legitimately thought that they actually had 5 lugs. Sorry about that...

·
Registered
1997 Corolla CE
2,978 Posts
It's all good man. I just bought a new left rear door panel only to realize 1997 has it's own style of interior door panels.
Edit: I don't have hubcaps because I got tired of watching them roll past me in turns.

·
Just play along....
corolla
3,383 Posts
But in Halorulers defense, my girls '06 Civic has the wheel covers that he thought might be on that car and what Chris needs. The covers are held on by the lug nuts that have rubber washers to hold them tight to the wheel. They cant fall off.

The only way for a Corolla to have 5 lugs would be a Celica disk conversion.

-SP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.