Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Corolla
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been wondering the rest of the community how much mileage they got
i own a 2014 Camry LE current mileage 45K whats yours ?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,414 Posts
2015 - Approaching 55k.

In comparison, my 2018 Highlander that I picked up in February of this year is already at 12k miles.

Yeah, I drive a lot.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
943 Posts
2014.5 with 118k I believe. May be 119k now lol. Had over a thousand miles on it in less than a week of ownership. Average anywhere from 60ish miles being the minimum a day to 150+. Have driven it 200+ a few times for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2001 Corolla
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2014.5 with 118k I believe. May be 119k now lol. Had over a thousand miles on it in less than a week of ownership. Average anywhere from 60ish miles being the minimum a day to 150+. Have driven it 200+ a few times for work.

Damn you been pushing hard that Camry i believe you set the record here for 2014! did you have any major issues before clocking 100k miles?

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
943 Posts
Damn you been pushing hard that Camry i believe you set the record here for 2014! did you have any major issues before clocking 100k miles?

Haha it’s mostly highway miles but doing hospice it goes into all kinds of places that Camry’s probably shouldn’t be going through. So far I had a door lock actuator replaced around 40k miles. Both my passengers are done for but I’m working on getting the tools to replace them myself since I’m out of warranty and my warranty replacement was close to $500 and I can do it for $50ish a piece. Torque converter was replaced under warranty at 59k and the radio died at the dealership and wouldn’t come on so they replaced that for free (have dead spots on the replacements touch screen again) changed brakes at 100k myself and changed the plugs at 114k then water pump at 115k. On my third set of tires now (Michelin primacy stock changed at 50k Michelin defenders replaced at 112k and now dextero dtr1 which i will probably keep putting on my car till I’m done with it because they are quieter and less than half the price of Michelin’s). Not as reliable as I have hoped, but total out of pocket expenses for fixes except routine maintenxe has been the $100 deductible for the door lock actuator. All oil changes besides the free ones have been done by me at around 5-7k on most. Plan to drain the radiator again on next oil change to hopefully get almost all the old coolant out from the water pump change. Then as things slow down I plan on doing the transmission drain and fill every oil change for 3 oil changes myself since my fluid is coming up on 60k miles in it.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
943 Posts
Also currently acquiring the strut spring compression tool once I can build up enough sears points and get a good free cash deal to get it for cheap (got the door panel removal tools for $2.99 regular $25 on sale) so when my struts are due to be replaced as well.

·
Premium Member
2001 Corolla
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha it’s mostly highway miles but doing hospice it goes into all kinds of places that Camry’s probably shouldn’t be going through. So far I had a door lock actuator replaced around 40k miles. Both my passengers are done for but I’m working on getting the tools to replace them myself since I’m out of warranty and my warranty replacement was close to $500 and I can do it for $50ish a piece. Torque converter was replaced under warranty at 59k and the radio died at the dealership and wouldn’t come on so they replaced that for free (have dead spots on the replacements touch screen again) changed brakes at 100k myself and changed the plugs at 114k then water pump at 115k. On my third set of tires now (Michelin primacy stock changed at 50k Michelin defenders replaced at 112k and now dextero dtr1 which i will probably keep putting on my car till I’m done with it because they are quieter and less than half the price of Michelin’s). Not as reliable as I have hoped, but total out of pocket expenses for fixes except routine maintenxe has been the $100 deductible for the door lock actuator. All oil changes besides the free ones have been done by me at around 5-7k on most. Plan to drain the radiator again on next oil change to hopefully get almost all the old coolant out from the water pump change. Then as things slow down I plan on doing the transmission drain and fill every oil change for 3 oil changes myself since my fluid is coming up on 60k miles in it.

brakes and oil is ok but you mentioned that water pump was changed at 115K? that is abit concerning did it go bad or your just replaced it as preventive maintenance? until now my car door actuators still work and no dead spots yet on the radio i am still on OEM tires.

Things that have gone wrong till now are 1 AC quit working around 40k mlies dealers said compressor needs to be replaced. windshield washer pump no more works does not squirt water just moved the wipers

·
Premium Member
2001 Corolla
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just picked up a 2014(not sure if it's a 2014.5) Camry SE V6 with 52,208 miles about 3 weeks ago but now it has 53,976 miles on it.
If you go to Toyota Owners section of the Toyota web site, you can create your own profile page. From there, it will tell you what model you have i believe 2014 and 2014.5 difference is the backup camera. 2014.5 came with the backup camera while 2014 did not

you can check owner's manual in the glove box, look at the production date.

" Toyota advises that the updated cars began production on December 16, 2013. These Camrys will be identified on the official window sticker as being "2014.5" models."

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...orts/index.htm

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
943 Posts
brakes and oil is ok but you mentioned that water pump was changed at 115K? that is abit concerning did it go bad or your just replaced it as preventive maintenance? until now my car door actuators still work and no dead spots yet on the radio i am still on OEM tires.

Things that have gone wrong till now are 1 AC quit working around 40k mlies dealers said compressor needs to be replaced. windshield washer pump no more works does not squirt water just moved the wipers

I go to church with a master tech and he had already recommended that I change it at 120k since I drive so many miles, and since I’m frequently more than 50 miles away from home (he was saying if the bearing failed it would probably make me home but not much further) after my a week or two after I changed the oil and plugs last I was looking under the hood just to kinda get a feel for what I needed to do to change it knowing it was coming up and I noticed my overflow tank was bone dry but my radiator was still full and I noticed where coolant had been flung on the underside of the hood. So I went ahead and changed it. Once I got it out the bearings felt great and the gasket looked fine too. The mechanic I know said a piece of trash probably got caught in the gasket and had worked it’s way out and it was probably fine, but it won’t go back on my car after this one fails. I got the lifetime warranty ones anyway since it only took me about an hour and a half to do.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry
497 Posts
2015 LE (Upgraded radio package and sunroof) - purchased certified with 15k miles in June 2016; Now 66k miles. Had a 70 mile daily commute until 3 months ago, trip to Nashville (great city to visit; gotta get back there and enjoy it). Only issue was a dead battery last fall. Replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
943 Posts
217k on 12 SE hehehe

Dang I knew there were higher than mine but that's a lot of driving lol. What all have you had to do to yours? Planning on keeping mine until at least 300k and then seeing how well it's holding up from there and then deciding if I want to keep it or get a new one so interested to see how well yours is holding up.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts