Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 81 Tercel first gen, and after 29 years the Pioneer super tuner stereo that I had in the car finally went belly up. I would like to replace it with a model that has MP3 capability as all my music is in digital format now.
Any ideas on compatibility and who would carry? Already tried Crutchfield and the only unit that they listed as compatible was too high end. Also the retro stereo folks seem to only cater to the American Muscle or vintage truck crowd.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per the Crutchfield site here is what will fit:

6-1/16" depth; Size code E,S,U

E - "Euro-DIN" stereos attach from the front through the 2" tall rectangular hole in the dash, sliding into a metal sleeve that attaches to the front of the dash.

U -"Shaft-style" receivers have two knobs on either side of the tuner/tape deck. They fit the 3-hole dash opening in many older vehicles.

S- Similar to "U" chassis, but with a taller nosepiece or offset shafts. They fit the 3-hole dash opening in many older vehicles.

Thanks for your help.

G

·
Looks like JCWhitney has some setups that will fit your car. I couldn't get the link to work so you'll have to look 'em up. Good luck.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts