Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i am new to the Toyota thing and want to drop a decent engine into my 82 celica. i plan on using this car as a daily driver but want enough horsepower and torque to get sideways drift style when i feel the urge. The biggest problem i am having is finding info about what all engines will fit into this car. The current motor in the vehicle is a 22r. I want to know if a 4agze will fit without having to do too many mods to the car. i am hoping to have this car road ready within a 3 month time frame. Any help would be awesome guys. Thanks

·
Immortal
332 Posts
barkada1017 said:
Hey everyone i am new to the Toyota thing and want to drop a decent engine into my 82 celica. i plan on using this car as a daily driver but want enough horsepower and torque to get sideways drift style when i feel the urge. The biggest problem i am having is finding info about what all engines will fit into this car. The current motor in the vehicle is a 22r. I want to know if a 4agze will fit without having to do too many mods to the car. i am hoping to have this car road ready within a 3 month time frame. Any help would be awesome guys. Thanks
Unless you're gonna go with a standalone ECU... you're gonna have to deal with a big mess of wires... carb to EFI is not a simple task.

Anyways, as for the mechanical part, you'll need a tranny (T50 or W box fitted with a bellhousing), possibly custom driveline, RWD water lines from an AE86, RWD 4AG exhaust manifold (from AE86), and possibly custom motor mounts/brackets depending on the mounting points on the Celica.

Better options: 3TC, 20/22R hybrid, 5/7MG, amougst others.
Look here for some info on possible motor swaps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts