Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I Bought This Car Used It Has Been Sitting For About A Year. So I Cleaned The Fuel Tank Replaced Pump, Filter Ran O.k. For A Day Then It Started To Lose Power And Surge During Eceleration.
Any Help Would Be Apreciated.
P.j.r.

·
Registered
Toyota Celica
233 Posts
does it feel like it is missing. does it stumble while idling? How old are the cap rotor plugs and wires? Did you run any kind of fuel system cleaner through the system. By replaceing everything "Up Stream" of the injectors you my have pushes some debris into the injectors themselves causing a mis.

If it is a constant miss i'd start by pulling plug wires off while the car is running one at a time to see which cylinder is the problem( You'll know when the miss doesn't change when unpluged) then swap the plug and wire if possible from that cylinder to one that was good. IF the problem changes with the plug and wire time for a tune up. if not you'll have to dig deeper. start with injectors swap them if possible( same principle as plugs and wires if problem moves then thats the issue and replace it. If not post what you did and what happened and i'll try to help more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'85-gt Coupe 22re-c Engine Surges'

Thanks For The Help!! I Have Just Replaced The Plugs,wires,roter And Cap Still Jerks. I Think It Is The Fuel Pump . I Had To Drop The Tank A Few Times To Clean Gunk Out And I Feel I Might Have Worn The Pump Out, Because There Was A Lot Of Old Gas Build-up In The Area Were The Pump Sits.
Also The Pump Is Making A Loud Noise Like Unconstant Running Noise That Can Be Heard Outside The Car.
I'll Change It This Morning And Post The Outcome.
Thanks! Pjr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
85-gt Coupe 22re-c Engine Surges Reply to Thread

problem solved!!! It was the fuel pump. I'm now an expert at fuel tank removel.:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts