Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trusty truck wont start. I will turn over but won't fire. I call pull start it and drive it all day and when I shut it oof and then try start it it will. But after sitting a few hours it won't start again. Is this a coil igniter problem? And how would I test for that, so that I'm sure what parts to get. I should qualify this by saying I'm not a mechanic but must fix this myself by nessesity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't really know without more info... Does it turn over? Does it start right away when you pull start it? Might be a fuel pressure problem...is it fuel injected?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when I turn the key it engages the starter and the engine turns trying to startbut won't fire and run.. I unscrewed a spark plug connected it back to the wire and had someone turn it over while I grounded the plug and no spark. Next I disconnected the wire that comes from the coil to the distributor and grounded it and had them try start it and no spark. To answer the other question, When I pull start it ,it fires immediately and runs like a champ. It does stall at idle sometimes right after I have first pull started it. And this is a carberated engine.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
check your igniter, alternater, starter, plugs, wires.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts