Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I replaced the rear wires from light sockets to plug under passenger seat on my '86 4x4. I now Have no tailights of any kind, but do have headlights, wipers, horn, ignition and run, fuel gauge, heater fan. Neither the emergency flashers nor any turn, brake,running, or license plate lights. I checked all the fusable relays, and they were good, as well as fuses. I also visually checked all of the bulbs in rear. Is it just a matter of checking each wire from the underseat wiring back by the color code in manaul with a volt meter to see if current does flow, and if so, why did they all fail? If I disconnect the underseat connection, the motor quits. Any suggestions other than the one I am about to do, from your own personal experience, ...or.?Greatly appreciated! Thanks
Syd:confused::sosad:

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,630 Posts
Sounds like you screwed up the rewiring job. Get a wiring diagram and carefully go over every wire. Also recheck the fuses in both fuseboxes.

I bet you have a 22RE 4 cyl. If so, that's why the motor quits when you disconnect that connector. The elec fuel pump is in the tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on my wiring problem. Have ordered a new relay.On the back of the "extra" fuse panel I picked up, there is a 'big' white wire comming from #1 on fuse panel, and a similar gauge white wire from tail light relay. Since replacement fuse panel was wired color for color, and there were only 4 white wires same gauge ( 2 from loom, 2 from fuse panel), I wonder if I miss matched the whites? Just wondering if I should reverse connections before or after I put new relay in. Thanks
Syd
I can't find the wiring code for fuse panel in my Haynes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.